Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest investment in the club's history needed
(05-02-2017, 03:33 PM)superbobby Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 03:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote: That would still leave us very light up front, effectively like for like with still only HRK as back-up.

Yeah I just noticed I forgot to add any attacking deals Big Grin

Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff for £4-5million. Plus Callum Wilson on a loan to buy type deal. Let him and his missus move back up to the midlands while he heals up.

Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff for £4-5million? Have you seen him play?
Wilson is a good player but his injury record over the last 2 years a concern (similar for Danny Ings)
I wouldn't be surprised to see a return for Jay Rodriguez. Pulis clearly rates him. Him plus another striker (one with pace)
Id want Raul Garcia. Liked him for ages. 31 now. So probably cheap enough for us. Would solve our attaching midfielder problem. I think he's fairly tall too. Don't think he can play left back tho
(05-02-2017, 03:37 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 03:33 PM)superbobby Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 03:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote: That would still leave us very light up front, effectively like for like with still only HRK as back-up.

Yeah I just noticed I forgot to add any attacking deals Big Grin

Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff for £4-5million. Plus Callum Wilson on a loan to buy type deal. Let him and his missus move back up to the midlands while he heals up.

Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff for £4-5million? Have you seen him play?
Wilson is a good player but his injury record over the last 2 years a concern (similar for Danny Ings)
I wouldn't be surprised to see a return for Jay Rodriguez. Pulis clearly rates him. Him plus another striker (one with pace)

We'll be in for Rodriguez but all the fucking around will alert Newcastle and Brighton who will try to convince him to join them. He'll join Palace instead. We'll scrape a deal over the line for Ulloa from Leicester.
(05-02-2017, 03:16 PM)superbobby Wrote: I think there will be two big money signings  (let's say Carvalho and Deeney) with the rest of the signings being in the 'bargain' bracket.

Charlie Taylor will be a few million from a tribunal. Marc Wilson for around a million. The Lincoln defender for £100k. Joe Ledley on a free.

Rondon, McManaman and Pocognoli sold for as much as possible to balance it out.

that would be an awful window
(05-02-2017, 05:18 PM)spyro 123 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 03:16 PM)superbobby Wrote: I think there will be two big money signings  (let's say Carvalho and Deeney) with the rest of the signings being in the 'bargain' bracket.

Charlie Taylor will be a few million from a tribunal. Marc Wilson for around a million. The Lincoln defender for £100k. Joe Ledley on a free.

Rondon, McManaman and Pocognoli sold for as much as possible to balance it out.

that would be an awful window

Really? It could be much, much worse.
I really can't see why people get wound up about transfers, when did we ever know who we're gonna get before they were announced. In the words of a very famous British NCO "they'll be 'ere when they're lad"
(05-02-2017, 05:18 PM)spyro 123 Wrote: that would be an awful window

It would be better than Terry Burton's scatter gun approach. Signing cheap foreign signings while hoping for the best was a disaster.
I think we'll spend big this summer. We've pissed around for the last 2 summers, and should have plenty in the bank following our recent sales... I'd also imagine the club will be looking seriously into shipping out Rondon to China.

£25m for Rondon, plus the standard £50m I expect most teams to throw around this summer gives us plenty of leg room, we just need Pulis to be a little more flexible on who we actually target.

30m for Carvalho, 3m for Taylor, 5m for Rodriguez, still leaves us with 25m to bring in a striker and a xentrevack...
We will just sign some average shitters at around £5m-10m a pop.
(05-02-2017, 12:47 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: As we all know from the weekends result and prior 4 games we are serious need of investment into the squad. Including the prospect of the biggest overhaul of the squad in a fair few seasons.

Off the top of my head we urgently need the following:

Forwards X 2
Attacking Midfielder
Central Defender
Left Back

In the modern market the forwards and midfielder is going to cost £50 million - ish, add another £15 - 20 million for the defenders, and if we add in another competent Winger which is probably another £15 million, overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this will be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

[Image: Only-Fools-And-Horses.jpg]