Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest investment in the club's history needed
(05-02-2017, 02:36 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 02:27 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Lightnin Wrote:I think Siggurdsson is rumoured to be going to Everton.

Look abroad would be the easy answer, someone like Mehmet Ekici would be cheaper and add just as much attacking quality to the team. Currently with Trabzonspor in Turkey but spent a lot of his youth career with Bayern.

I barely know anything about foreign football anymore so can't name names, but as you point out I'm sure there are players as good as, if not better than, Sigurrdsson abroad for substantially less than £30m.

Whether Pulis is happy to shop abroad is a different question.

Plenty of Internationally capped players are looking for a crack at the Premier League from abroad. By finishing as high up the table as we can would give us a much better platform and put us a few steps up the pecking order.

Then you have players like Janssen and Wimmer from Spurs that maybe seeking gametime elsewhere. I see we've been linked with the big Croation centre back from Celtic today? Patrick Roberts has looked pretty good for them this season on loan from Man City but in a league that they've steam rollered I'm not sure how difficult it's been to stand out.

Scott Sinclair has looked good for Celtic.
If we used the loan market well we could save a bit on huge transfer fees.
Would be surprised to see us invest much less than £40-50M this summer though.
(05-02-2017, 02:49 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: If we used the loan market well we could save a bit on huge transfer fees.

I agree. I would be trying to get Batshuayi from Chelsea on a season long loan. He's not getting much of a look in as Conte only goes with one striker most of the time. Even if Costa leaves and Lukaku goes back there he's still not going to get many games.
Chelsea only have to look at how a loan to us launched Lukaku's career in England.
I think there will be two big money signings (let's say Carvalho and Deeney) with the rest of the signings being in the 'bargain' bracket.

Charlie Taylor will be a few million from a tribunal. Marc Wilson for around a million. The Lincoln defender for £100k. Joe Ledley on a free.

Rondon, McManaman and Pocognoli sold for as much as possible to balance it out.
The Berhino money if not spent might help. Add in 15 million for Rondon, and maybe 10 for Evans. That's 50 million from the back of the sofa.
Mehmet Ekici is out of contract this summer, (page 2 of 3).

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik...evertraege
Pneumann Wrote:The Berhino money if not spent might help. Add in 15 million for Rondon, and maybe 10 for Evans. That's 50 million from the back of the sofa.

£10m for Evans?!?!?

We would be barking to sell at that price.

superbobby Wrote:I think there will be two big money signings  (let's say Carvalho and Deeney) with the rest of the signings being in the 'bargain' bracket.

Charlie Taylor will be a few million from a tribunal. Marc Wilson for around a million. The Lincoln defender for £100k. Joe Ledley on a free.

Rondon, McManaman and Pocognoli sold for as much as possible to balance it out.

That would still leave us very light up front, effectively like for like with still only HRK as back-up.
(05-02-2017, 03:11 PM)Baggie66 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 02:49 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: If we used the loan market well we could save a bit on huge transfer fees.

I agree. I would be trying to get Batshuayi from Chelsea on a season long loan. He's not getting much of a look in as Conte only goes with one striker most of the time. Even if Costa leaves and Lukaku goes back there he's still not going to get many games.
Chelsea only have to look at how a loan to us launched Lukaku's career in England.

+1 on Batshuayi. Would love him on loan.

p.s. Poco will go for free I believe as we haven't taken up the 1 year option on his contract.
(05-02-2017, 03:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote: That would still leave us very light up front, effectively like for like with still only HRK as back-up.

Yeah I just noticed I forgot to add any attacking deals Big Grin

Kenneth Zohore from Cardiff for £4-5million. Plus Callum Wilson on a loan to buy type deal. Let him and his missus move back up to the midlands while he heals up.
(05-02-2017, 03:22 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Pneumann Wrote:The Berhino money if not spent might help. Add in 15 million for Rondon, and maybe 10 for Evans. That's 50 million from the back of the sofa.

£10m for Evans?!?!?

We would be barking to sell at that price.
Hackneyed attempt at a price. If we could get more, and he's leaving anyway, all the better.