Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest investment in the club's history needed
Throw in Iheanacho on loan to my list too.
(05-02-2017, 01:25 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Beano16 Wrote:
SausEggBagel Wrote:overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this should be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

I will be amazed if we even spend half of that figure this summer, I am sure we may break our transfer
record possibly to land a striker, but I doubt we will spend big on every player

Siggurdsson (£30m)

I know you said "dream senario", but we have literally 0% chance of signing Siggy.
SausEggBagel Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
Beano16 Wrote:
SausEggBagel Wrote:overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this should be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

I will be amazed if we even spend half of that figure this summer, I am sure we may break our transfer
record possibly to land a striker, but I doubt we will spend big on every player

Siggurdsson (£30m)

I know you said "dream senario", but we have literally 0% chance of signing Siggy.

I know, an attacking midfielder of equivalent quality would suffice.
(05-02-2017, 01:38 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
SausEggBagel Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
Beano16 Wrote:

Siggurdsson (£30m)

Waste of money 6mths with us and he'd loose any attacking streak in him and would'nt recognise the ball !! Aka chadli criminal imo

(05-02-2017, 01:38 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
SausEggBagel Wrote:
Duffmon Wrote:
Beano16 Wrote:

Siggurdsson (£30m)

Waste of money 6mths with us and he'd loose any attacking streak in him and would'nt recognise the ball !! Aka chadli criminal imo
(05-02-2017, 01:26 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:15 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:08 PM)Beano16 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 12:47 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

If we are seriously in for Carvalho its going to cost about £20-25 million upwards to comfortably land that deal. Therefore there's £60 million-ish left of the above. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are near that £85 million figure at the end of the window given today's prices and the quality we need to purchase.
If peace were still in charge of the purse strings not a hope in hell of even a 3rd of that figure ,however this summer window will give a very good view of the new owners comitment and ambition ,time will tell

A M B I T I O N!

Albion spend 85 million, your having a laugh.
I think Siggurdsson is rumoured to be going to Everton.

Look abroad would be the easy answer, someone like Mehmet Ekici would be cheaper and add just as much attacking quality to the team. Currently with Trabzonspor in Turkey but spent a lot of his youth career with Bayern.
Lightnin Wrote:I think Siggurdsson is rumoured to be going to Everton.

Look abroad would be the easy answer, someone like Mehmet Ekici would be cheaper and add just as much attacking quality to the team. Currently with Trabzonspor in Turkey but spent a lot of his youth career with Bayern.

I barely know anything about foreign football anymore so can't name names, but as you point out I'm sure there are players as good as, if not better than, Sigurrdsson abroad for substantially less than £30m.

Whether Pulis is happy to shop abroad is a different question.
Man sells car with four bald tyres, spongy shocks, low MOT, and very high mileage--parked in the drive of a stately home.
(05-02-2017, 02:27 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
Lightnin Wrote:I think Siggurdsson is rumoured to be going to Everton.

I barely know anything about foreign football anymore so can't name names, but as you point out I'm sure there are players as good as, if not better than, Sigurrdsson abroad for substantially less than £30m.

Whether Pulis is happy to shop abroad is a different question.

Plenty of Internationally capped players are looking for a crack at the Premier League from abroad. By finishing as high up the table as we can would give us a much better platform and put us a few steps up the pecking order.

Then you have players like Janssen and Wimmer from Spurs that maybe seeking gametime elsewhere. I see we've been linked with the big Croation centre back from Celtic today? Patrick Roberts has looked pretty good for them this season on loan from Man City but in a league that they've steam rollered I'm not sure how difficult it's been to stand out.
(05-02-2017, 12:47 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: As we all know from the weekends result and prior 4 games we are serious need of investment into the squad. Including the prospect of the biggest overhaul of the squad in a fair few seasons.

Off the top of my head we urgently need the following:

Forwards X 2
Attacking Midfielder
Central Defender
Left Back

In the modern market the forwards and midfielder is going to cost £50 million - ish, add another £15 - 20 million for the defenders, and if we add in another competent Winger which is probably another £15 million, overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this will be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

To achieve what? I'm not saying I dont agree about the squad needing investment but as an owner rather than fan what are you hoping to achieve by spending 85m?