Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest investment in the club's history needed
As we all know from the weekends result and prior 4 games we are serious need of investment into the squad. Including the prospect of the biggest overhaul of the squad in a fair few seasons.

Off the top of my head we urgently need the following:

Forwards X 2
Attacking Midfielder
Central Defender
Left Back

In the modern market the forwards and midfielder is going to cost £50 million - ish, add another £15 - 20 million for the defenders, and if we add in another competent Winger which is probably another £15 million, overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this will be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.
They ay comin.  Big Grin
(05-02-2017, 12:56 PM)Dickie Davies Wrote: They ay comin.  Big Grin

If they dow wim fugged.
Set faces to disappointment.
(05-02-2017, 01:01 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Set faces to disappointment.

Historically, we've always done major business in the summer window, so let's hope we are not disappointed.
(05-02-2017, 12:47 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this should be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

I will be amazed if we even spend half of that figure this summer, I am sure we may break our transfer
record possibly to land a striker, but I doubt we will spend big on every player
(05-02-2017, 01:08 PM)Beano16 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 12:47 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote: overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

Undoubtedly, we will endeavour to be thrifty given our margins and transfer ethics. But it's resoundingly obvious, and hopefully it is to the recruitment and scouting departments, that this should be one of the most busiest, expensive and important transfer windows in the club's future.

I will be amazed if we even spend half of that figure this summer, I am sure we may break our transfer
record possibly to land a striker, but I doubt we will spend big on every player

If we are seriously in for Carvalho its going to cost about £20-25 million upwards to comfortably land that deal. Therefore there's £60 million-ish left of the above. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are near that £85 million figure at the end of the window given today's prices and the quality we need to purchase.
As ridiculous as it seems £85m is the going rate these days and measured against our income figure it's realistic. We should be able to spend that based on our warchest, income from just being in situ and anything that Lai can chuck at us.

Here's hoping.
Beano16 Wrote:
SausEggBagel Wrote:overall the club may be facing a transfer bill of near £85 million if we obtain all the afore mentioned. 

We won't spend big on every player, but we do need at least four players (striker, winger, attacking midfielder, centre half, and I'd like to see another central midfielder) who can go straight into the first team, and we need to spend big on them. We also need two or three back up players (keeper, full back, 2nd/3rd choice striker) who can come from the cheaper side of the market.

The dream (and grossly unrealistic) scenario:

Carvalho (£30m)
Siggurdsson (£30m)
Janssen (or equivalent quality) (£20m)
A. Winger (no idea who) (£15m)
Charlie Taylor (free)
That Lincoln defender (£100k)
Martin Kelly (free)
Back up keeper (free/cheap)

£100m plus wages. That would give a team that cause some serious problems:

Foster

Nyom Dawson Evans Taylor
Carvalho Livermore
Winger Siggy Phillips
Janssen

Bench: Rondon, Chadli (although I'm not sure either will be here after the summer), Fletcher/Yacob, Brunt/Morrison, Gmac, Kelly, Keeper.
(05-02-2017, 01:15 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:08 PM)Beano16 Wrote:

If we are seriously in for Carvalho its going to cost about £20-25 million upwards to comfortably land that deal. Therefore there's £60 million-ish left of the above. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we are near that £85 million figure at the end of the window given today's prices and the quality we need to purchase.
If peace were still in charge of the purse strings not a hope in hell of even a 3rd of that figure ,however this summer window will give a very good view of the new owners comitment and ambition ,time will tell