Time flies
50 years ago "The Archies"  Sugar Sugar reaches No1.
15 years ago possibly the greatest UK manager of all time "Cloughie" passed away.
Sophia Loren celebrates her 85th birthday.
31 years ago Margret Thatcher rejects the proposal of a UE United Europe.
Aye. Time flies all right. 51 years since we lifted the FA Cup. Just a few years after I'd started supporting the Albion and in the middle of a roll of winning the League Cup, losing in the final, reaching yet another FA Cup semi final and losing another League Cup final. I thought life was going to be like it all the time. We even moaned at being known as "Cup fighters" and were puzzled we couldn't seem to win the League.
Also 50 years ago. You could play football in our road all day long, no one had a car. You just needed to mind out for the bus. Not everyone had a telly, and there were only 3 channels but anyway, you only needed the one with Bonanza. Our neighbour had the only phone for a distance, we could have borrowed it if we'd known anyone else that had a phone. My Grandad used to moan about the Minister for Transport being a woman. Life really was simple.
Most shocking of those is the Clough one for me. It only seems like a few years ago
I'm shocked that Sophia is still with us.
(09-20-2019, 08:42 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: I'm shocked that Sophia is still with us.

Ditto! That and she is only 85... heck my dad is 78 and he fancied her like crazy when he were a lad...age is a weird thing!

Oddly for me, the Clough one feels like it was longer ago.
(09-20-2019, 08:39 PM)Sotv Wrote: Most shocking of those is the Clough one for me. It only seems like a few years ago

It happened a few weeks before Megson was sacked and Alecan got the job.

In 1990, Sept 20th was when East and West Germany ratified unification. Also 'The War on terror' was coined by Dubya Bush on this day.

Going back a bit; 1519 - Ferdinand Magellan set off from Portugal on route to circumnavigating the Globe - first successful attempt, 60 years before Sir FRancis Drake managed it. However, he did not survive, being killed in the Philippines at the Battle of Mactan (before it received the name Phillipines, being called the island of Mactan - this part known as Cebu island).

Oh and Bill Murray is 68 today.