Saul Shotton
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...n-from-efl
(09-15-2019, 10:09 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...n-from-efl

I would be tempted to give the young lad a trial, released from Stoke and 4 games for Bury is nothing tbh.
But everyone has to start somewhere.
Strange, last year we couldn't buy a defender. Now we have a selection problem even with current injuries.
Has signed a 2 year deal according to his Dad
Is he related to Ex Stokie Ryan Shotton?
(09-16-2019, 06:47 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Has signed a 2 year deal according to his Dad

Bloody hell, you’ve found this lad’s house quickly Wink

Awful to prey on a folded club that needs everything penny it can get, but if we don’t someone else will.

Remembered reading Bury had a few promising kids linked with bigger clubs so thought when they folded he was someone we better call.
(09-16-2019, 07:39 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:47 AM)Super_Slav Wrote: Has signed a 2 year deal according to his Dad

Awful to prey on a folded club that needs everything penny it can get, but if we don’t someone else will.

Remembered reading Bury had a few promising kids linked with bigger clubs so thought when they folded he was someone we better call.

It's easy to get them in when their prices have been Slashed. (sorry)
I 100% guarantee he’ll play for England and be worth £250m by the end of October.
(09-16-2019, 06:52 AM)Peachy Wrote: Is he related to Ex Stokie Ryan Shotton?

No.
(09-16-2019, 07:39 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

I don't see any moral ambiguity.

If Bury has folded wouldn't that mean his contract is void? He's unemployed. He's not getting paid and he needs a job to carry on with his life and hopefully career. Bury is not a club 'in trouble', they've ceased to exist. Whether we have him or someone else does, 'Bury' won't get anything anyway.

I listened to an emotional interview with Bury's head of development when they folded. They were sending out begging letters to clubs to take on their about to be terminated players. I would imagine he is happy for Saul and proud of his role in nurturing his career.
woooooshage here.

But I would like to add that Dowling took a piss on Gigg Lane and swore at Shotton's mum.