Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dortmund bomb
I just reported what was said in the news. People moaning about the site should add better content to it.
(04-21-2017, 08:24 AM)Narcosis Wrote: Strange that news articles about this say it "wasn't a terrorist attack", when it's very clear no matter the motive that it was designed to cause terror.

Terrorism is in the UK has a twos-pronged definition. The mere causing of terror is not enough. Don't know about Germany (possibly similar applies) but the UK definition feels about right:

1. Act(s) of violence/property damage/hacking/endangering life to further a political, religious, racial or ideological cause
2. To influence the Government or intimidate the public

So the motive here was lacking.
(04-22-2017, 04:40 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 08:24 AM)Narcosis Wrote: Strange that news articles about this say it "wasn't a terrorist attack", when it's very clear no matter the motive that it was designed to cause terror.

Terrorism is in the UK has a twos-pronged definition. The mere causing of terror is not enough. Don't know about Germany (possibly similar applies) but the UK definition feels about right:

1. Act(s) of violence/property damage/hacking/endangering life to further a political, religious, racial or ideological cause

I disagree...but, I'm not going to get into a big arsey definition of terrorism, when I'm sure we can all agree that planting a bomb near a bus full of blokes off to do their job is a rather c*ntish thing to do.
(04-22-2017, 08:27 PM)Narcosis Wrote:
(04-22-2017, 04:40 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:

I disagree...but, I'm not going to get into a big arsey definition of terrorism, when I'm sure we can all agree that planting a bomb near a bus full of blokes off to do their job is a rather c*ntish thing to do.

Fair enough, but that is the definition by statute. I agree it was such a thing to do.