Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last 4 players
(04-21-2017, 06:42 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Statto Wrote: Dean Saunders - Zenith Data Systems Cup v Derby.

One of the worst colour clashes I've ever seen with their silver & black stripes under our old lights. They changed to yellow at half time.

Saunders was a hat trick IIRC.

John Wark hit 4 for Ipswich against us at Portman Road in the earlier 80's.

Peachy is running away with it. Deano hat trick it was

Wark is certainly one - around 82/83 in a 6-1 defeat

Don't think there has been another Premiership one. Think that leaves Whymark as the 4th one.  The missing one was 80s
Leroy Rosenior West Ham, Simod Cup in 88
Was it James Milner?
(04-20-2017, 10:25 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: To score 4 against the Brom in one match - league or cup

FFFust. Winner gets a game up front against Leicester

I do wish you'd ask others to go fust.
John Wark was the name I had in mind - but in a 5-0 home defeat to Liverpool in the mid 80s.  Statham missed a consolation penalty late on.

[Edited] - just checked - he had to settle for just three on that occasion.
(04-21-2017, 07:04 AM)Mancbaggie Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 11:31 PM)Statto Wrote: Dean Saunders - Zenith Data Systems Cup v Derby.

One of the worst colour clashes I've ever seen with their silver & black stripes under our old lights. They changed to yellow at half time.

Don't think there has been another Premiership one. Think that leaves Whymark as the 4th one.  The missing one was 80s

Must admit i thought he got four as well , it's the old memory playing tricks . Shit game , shit result , shit attendance , shit competition . My one and only time in the Halfords .

Always had a dislike of Dean Saunders but on his game he was fucking sharp as a tack .
(04-21-2017, 09:32 AM)Johnny_Rep Wrote:

Must admit i thought he got four as well , it's the old memory playing tricks . Shit game , shit result , shit attendance , shit competition . My one and only time in the Halfords .

Always had a dislike of Dean Saunders but on his game he was fucking sharp as a tack .

Until he took over at Wo1ve5, of course.

Agree re: the footballing side. I'm sure that tongue-out was an affectation, almost like a Cantona collar up or Henry socks pulled right up kind of thing. But in fairness he was good enough to have one for a while. Wonderful balance and a deadly finisher.
(04-21-2017, 09:36 AM)Fido Wrote:

Agree re: the footballing side. I'm sure that tongue-out was an affectation, almost like a Cantona collar up or Henry socks pulled right up kind of thing. But in fairness he was good enough to have one for a while. Wonderful balance and a deadly finisher.

Absolutely . Had a nasty streak too which probably added to his effectiveness and my dislike .
(04-21-2017, 09:44 AM)Johnny_Rep Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 09:36 AM)Fido Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 06:42 AM)Peachy Wrote: Saunders was a hat trick IIRC.

Absolutely . Had a nasty streak too which probably added to his effectiveness and my dislike .

Magnificent hair. Him and Mark Hughes up front for Wales must have been the finest follicled front men in international football. Though Tony Polster might take issue with me on that.
(04-21-2017, 07:10 AM)Man of Harlech Wrote: Leroy Rosenior West Ham, Simod Cup in 88

Outstanding from you Mo - that was the missing answer.....

5-2 defeat just before Christmas under Talbot (whilst we were flying in the league)