Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It'd clean our cities and towns if we did this
Should at least be done for obstruction in the UK as a minimum and told to move.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39661339
What are you on about?
I assume you're talking about the Jovo's that are everywhere. Down here they don't bother anyone, just stand there with their leaflets waiting to give them to anyone who asks for one. They don't get in the way, they don't harass anyone. What's the problem?
(04-20-2017, 09:15 PM)Duffmon Wrote: I assume you're talking about the Jovo's that are everywhere. Down here they don't bother anyone, just stand there with their leaflets waiting to give them to anyone who asks for one. They don't get in the way, they don't harass anyone. What's the problem?

Round 'ere they knock on your door and politely hand you a leaflet and walk off. It just another piece to add for the recycling to me.
It used to be young folk but now it's just old'uns (not the poster on here) that come round. Seems like a little bit of last chance saloon for them to get the key to the pearly gates to me.

How does the law treat parents who refuse blood transfusions for their children, by the way? Another thing, about 20 years ago there used to be this monstrosity that sat in one of the main squares in Lisbon (think Elephant Man with fewer facial features). It intrigued me so I did a bit of interwebbing and transpires that the person involved was a JW and had some kind of tumour on their lip for which a blood transfusion was required. They refused and so this tumour grew all over their face and the only way to get money was to beg. I can understand people who think there may be a divine being, as deluded as it sounds to me, but to think that this deity would want you to go through that because of what some American preacher read into one or two phrases from the Bible simply astounds me.
There's are bigger crackpots around than worrying about JWs
(04-21-2017, 07:10 AM)Baggiemad Wrote: There's are bigger crackpots around than worrying about JWs

True enough. It's one thing not celebrating Christmas and another wanting to exterminate everyone who does.
In the last 12 months I've been to Copenhagen, Warsaw and Berlin and I've seen them in all those places. What amused me is that they're exactly the same everywhere you go. Same stands, same literature, same fonts, just different languages. They are internationally uniform.
(04-21-2017, 05:19 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 09:15 PM)Duffmon Wrote: I assume you're talking about the Jovo's that are everywhere. Down here they don't bother anyone, just stand there with their leaflets waiting to give them to anyone who asks for one. They don't get in the way, they don't harass anyone. What's the problem?

Round 'ere they knock on your door and politely hand you a leaflet and walk off. It just another piece to add for the recycling to me.

I had a fella at the door with an ipad wanting meto watch a short film on JW's, seems they've gone high tech!!!
(04-21-2017, 07:53 AM)Cornflake Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 05:19 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote:

I had a fella at the door with an ipad wanting meto watch a short film on JW's, seems they've gone high tech!!!

Did they ask for your wifi password?