Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Rooney
(04-21-2017, 03:00 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 02:48 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 02:02 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Can't believe people think we are now so good Rooney would not be an asset to us. 9 goals our strikers have scored this season. According to Duffmon Rooney has been shot for 2 seasons... yet managed to score 15 goals last season.

He actually scored 12 in all competitions last season. In 41 appearances. This season he has 5 goals in 42.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/20...y/overview

Shot, and getting worse.

15 last season. 8 in the league. 2 in FA Cup. 1 I League Cup. 4 in Europe.
Has been played a lot deeper recently so would expect him to get less.
Clear to me his performances have dipped as his confidence has. Whoever gets him next season will have an asset on their hands though.

He's not an Albion player. He's made for a Chinese or American team who have cash to burn and a profile in need of raising. Meanwhile back in a competitive league which matters...
(04-21-2017, 03:05 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 02:02 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Can't believe people think we are now so good Rooney would not be an asset to us. 9 goals our strikers have scored this season. According to Duffmon Rooney has been shot for 2 seasons... yet managed to score 15 goals last season.

He actually scored 12 in all competitions last season. In 41 appearances. This season he has 5 goals in 42.

Shot, and getting worse.

Clear to me his performances have dipped as his confidence has. Whoever gets him next season will have an asset on their hands though.

He's not an Albion player. He's made for a Chinese or American team who have cash to burn and a profile in need of raising. Meanwhile back in a competitive league which matters...

I think more US than China but money speaks very loudly to some people and their agents.

Shot, and getting worse.

Strange, says 12 on the website I cited... 

His performances dipped as far back as the last World Cup. What we see now is the new normal. Every England match since has had threads on here saying he's past it.

Let's face facts, he hasn't taken good enough care of himself to be capable of maintaining a standard like some like Ibrahimovich has. He's declining and there's little evidence to suggest the decline will stop soon.
Utd may need him now Ibrahimovic is ruled out for the rest of the season.
Lucky the special one didnt snub Rooney. Big Grin
the lords my shepherd i'll not want 
he takes me down to lye
in pastures green
he leadeth me 
the quiet waters by
It would be unfair to judge Rooney purely on goals when he spent the majority of last season playing in midfield for LVG.

His days as a number 9 are long gone. He hasn't got those subtle movements of Defore to carry on into his mid 30's. But as a number 10 or deeper midfielder he's still pure quality. His passing is not far from Paul Scholes' level but he gets no credit because he was not chipping in with enough goals.

A quick look on Google has his net worth at a possible £100m! (Not bad for a fat lad from Liverpool!) He does not need to top up his earnings in Chins or the USA like other players do. What if he wants to stay in the Premier League and reach some more milestones? 2 seasons at a West Brom or Everton type club could see him reach 500 Premier League games and 200 Premier League goals.

There's just Alan Shearer who has reached 200 Premier League goals and only 12 players have got above 500 Premier League games.
(04-21-2017, 03:55 PM)superbobby Wrote: It would be unfair to judge Rooney purely on goals when he spent the majority of last season playing in midfield for LVG.

His days as a number 9 are long gone. He hasn't got those subtle movements of Defore to carry on into his mid 30's. But as a number 10 or deeper midfielder he's still pure quality. His passing is not far from Paul Scholes' level but he gets no credit because he was not chipping in with enough goals.

A quick look on Google has his net worth at a possible £100m! (Not bad for a fat lad from Liverpool!) He does not need to top up his earnings in Chins or the USA like other players do. What if he wants to stay in the Premier League and reach some more milestones? 2 seasons at a West Brom or Everton type club could see him reach 500 Premier League games and 200 Premier League goals.

There's just Alan Shearer who has reached 200 Premier League goals and only 12 players have got above 500 Premier League games.

Good post
Good (in his pomp) Premier League striker, nothing more nothing less. Never done it abroad or on the international stage. How he was ever mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo and Messi I'll never know.
(04-21-2017, 03:55 PM)superbobby Wrote: It would be unfair to judge Rooney purely on goals when he spent the majority of last season playing in midfield for LVG.

you dont watch much football do you, comparing scholes passing to rooneys is a fucking joke
(04-21-2017, 06:06 PM)spyro 123 Wrote:

you dont watch much football do you, comparing scholes passing to rooneys is a fucking joke

You're a crap WUM.