Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Rooney
(04-21-2017, 02:02 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Can't believe people think we are now so good Rooney would not be an asset to us. 9 goals our strikers have scored this season. According to Duffmon Rooney has been shot for 2 seasons... yet managed to score 15 goals last season.

I can't believe people haven't watched him play recently...

Is he better than Rondon and HRK? Probably

Would he cost at least quadruple what we are paying them? Yes

Would he offer us 4 times the impact they offer us? No

Are there other strikers who can improve us who wouldn't cost as much? Yes. Lots.
We are so lucky.
(04-21-2017, 02:02 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Can't believe people think we are now so good Rooney would not be an asset to us. 9 goals our strikers have scored this season. According to Duffmon Rooney has been shot for 2 seasons... yet managed to score 15 goals last season.

He is shot. Have you actually watched him play over the last couple of years? Struggles with basic passing and control. Charges around the pitch getting into trouble and slowing down play. The odd goal doesn't change that.

You didn't answer my question of when he last played well.

hes been burnt out for at least 5 seasons
(04-21-2017, 02:10 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:

Are there other strikers who can improve us who wouldn't cost as much? Yes. Lots.

Hard to disagree with that but the theoretical question was whether he could do a job for us. I won't be giving the same response to the "burnt out for the last 5 seasons post", mind you.

He actually scored 12 in all competitions last season. In 41 appearances. This season he has 5 goals in 42.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/20...y/overview

Shot, and getting worse.
(04-21-2017, 02:33 PM)spyro 123 Wrote:

hes been burnt out for at least 5 seasons

FFS sake
(04-21-2017, 02:48 PM)Fido Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 02:10 PM)Baggie_Shrek Wrote:

Hard to disagree with that but the theoretical question was whether he could do a job for us. I won't be giving the same response to the "burnt out for the last 5 seasons post", mind you.

He could theoretically empty the bins but I wouldn't pay him 350k per week to do that... Smile
We are so lucky.
(04-21-2017, 07:36 AM)Fido Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 07:23 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Shirt sales would go through the roof if we got Wazza.

You'd have to be a bit of a moron to ignore that he'd improve the squad. We've got about as much chance of landing on the Sun as we have signing him mind.

You say that but having been to Thailand and Malaysia a couple of times does anywhere sell official replica gear? Can imagine it's that much different in China either. All seems to be knock-offs.

Plenty of Leicester gear at Bangkok Airport, whether it sells is another matter

Most Chinese are not that interested in football
(04-21-2017, 02:54 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 07:36 AM)Fido Wrote:
(04-21-2017, 07:23 AM)SausEggBagel Wrote: Shirt sales would go through the roof if we got Wazza.

You'd have to be a bit of a moron to ignore that he'd improve the squad. We've got about as much chance of landing on the Sun as we have signing him mind.

You say that but having been to Thailand and Malaysia a couple of times does anywhere sell official replica gear? Can imagine it's that much different in China either. All seems to be knock-offs.

Plenty of Leicester gear at Bangkok Airport, whether it sells is another matter

Most Chinese are not that interested in football

When I was on hols last week I saw one local with a Leicester shirt on. No idea if it were fake or not, mind. Lots of people of mopeds with Chelsea/Utd/Liverpool shirts, most of which had slightly wonky badges on. The only reason they have them at Bangkok airport is because King Power runs their duty free but I guess you knew that already.
(04-21-2017, 02:48 PM)Duffmon Wrote:

He actually scored 12 in all competitions last season. In 41 appearances. This season he has 5 goals in 42.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/20...y/overview

Shot, and getting worse.

15 last season. 8 in the league. 2 in FA Cup. 1 I League Cup. 4 in Europe.
Has been played a lot deeper recently so would expect him to get less.
Clear to me his performances have dipped as his confidence has. Whoever gets him next season will have an asset on their hands though.