Swansea Game
Bradford the Penalty
Oldham away
Millwall away 1983 lost 3-0 only about 50 Albion made
it in the ground, getting out at the end , never forget that feeling
(04-20-2017, 10:23 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Good thread

First game v Leeds in Dec 86. Can't beat your first game at the shrine

Bradford Palace and Pisscans GE. The latter incredible for so many reasons

Watching Meggos team run out at OT 2002/03. Never thought I would see us in the top division again

Watching Meggo's team run at OT in 2002/03 while in The Hawthorns was a novel experience and a particularly enjoyable one. There were quite a few watching it on the big screen that day. We almost got a draw as well.
Loads already mentioned but Huntys header taking what seemed like 5 minutes of slow mo before looping in at Wembley in 93 was incredible. It was almost like 44,000 of us fell totally silent and held our breath all at the same time before utter mayhem ensued and the biggest of all Boings started.

A great day. Never mind what division we were in.
First game Vale at home 1-1 (missed two pens) in 1991. Sat in the Halfords. As Manc says - can't beat your first game at the Shrine.

First away game v Palace 2001 (1-0 Taylor) was special for me. I remember getting into the ground and just having that feeling of really belonging that you get when you are at an away day.

My first Black Country Derby when we beat the Dings 1-0 (Hughes I think) in 2000

The Palace and Pompey games but number 1 is (and will always be) Balis' pen at Bradford. I get goosebumps thinking about it even now.
Putting five past Man U at Old Trafford
Going top of the league at Norwich in 1979
3 goals in last 7 mins to beat Villa in 1984
Late Goodman goal to beat relegation rivals Leicester 1991.
Swansea play off SF & the Port Vale win at Wembley
Final day win at Pompey to keep us up.
Bradford away, Palace at home 2002
Sunderland away 2004
Robbo equaliser at Villa
Pompey Great Escapae Day
Play off SF win vs the Dings
Saints at home 2008
Mulumbu winner against the Villa
(04-21-2017, 12:19 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: The Palace and Pompey games but number 1 is (and will always be) Igor's pen at Bradford. I get goosebumps thinking about it even now.

I hope that Igor makes a return visit to the Hawthorns one of these fine days.  It would be good to honour him with a proper tribute.
Beano mentioned something on the other thread that gave me goosebumps at the time - hearing that Megson had invited the players' families into the dressing room before the Palace game.
(04-20-2017, 09:17 PM)Glos_baggie Wrote: So many 

My first journey to the hawthorns in January 83 for a 2-2 draw against Everton

The 92/93 play off final-finally watching my team walk out at Wembley 

The Portsmouth game when we saved ourselves from relegation 

The Balis penalty 

The following week against Palace 

The great escape season against charlton away, Man Utd away, and the final game when horsfield scored 

The Tesco carrier bags game at the Custard bowl.

So many more that makes me realise that I do miss going week in week out

So many 

My first journey to the hawthorns in January 83 for a 2-2 draw against Everton

The 92/93 play off final-finally watching my team walk out at Wembley 

The Portsmouth game when we saved ourselves from relegation 

The Balis penalty 

The following week against Palace 

The great escape season against charlton away, Man Utd away, and the final game when horsfield scored 

The Tesco carrier bags game at the Custard bowl.

So many more that makes me realise that I do miss going week in week out

Wow that second list sounds just as good as the first list
(04-21-2017, 01:35 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Putting five past Man U at Old Trafford
Going top of the league at Norwich in 1979
3 goals in last 7 mins to beat Villa in 1984
Late Goodman goal to beat relegation rivals Leicester 1991.
Swansea play off SF & the Port Vale win at Wembley
Final day win at Pompey to keep us up.
Bradford away, Palace at home 2002
Sunderland away 2004
Robbo equaliser at Villa
Pompey Great Escapae Day
Play off SF win vs the Dings
Saints at home 2008
Mulumbu winner against the Villa

Said it before, but that Goodman goal v Leicester was one of the most mental celebrations ever.

At the original Pompey Great Escape, I was in the ground very early and was in the terrace under the main stand. The open terrace behind the goal filled from the back and each time Baggies appeared over the threshold of the next empty section, the roar got louder. When they pushed the Pompey fans back, the whole thing erupted. Being there to witness the full crescendo was truly amazing, and will never be seen again.
Palace game without a doubt. We always talk about Bradford but that Palace game was bloody nerve wracking. When Bob scored, it was just insane. Utter relief and joy. Megson is a bloody legend, sad that he isn't involved with the club in some capacity as he has to be one of the biggest club legends.