Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seb Corbyn to stand for Labour'
Rumours that he is going to stad in the election, possibly in Steve Rotheram's seat.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/...bour-seat/

Still, I am sure it is on talent alone, if he is selected for anywhere. Like Stephen Kinnock, Jack Dromey, Valerie Vaz, Emily Wedgewood-Benn, David Prescott and anyone I've missed out who was selected or on  a shortlist.

Labour is against grammar schools because of social mobility. Well, a working class kid has got a better chance of getting into a grammar school than he has finding himself the offspring, husband or relative of a Labour MP in order to get ahead in life.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics...mmons.html

Next week :when night time comes, it gets dark
You miss the point. Labour today rallied against 'the elite'. They attack grammars.

Incidentally, Corbyn, an MP for 34 years IS the elite/establishment. No doubt the usual public sector union types will lap it up, though.
(04-20-2017, 04:45 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: Rumours that he is going to stad in the election, possibly in Steve Rotheram's seat.  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/...bour-seat/

Still, I am sure it is on talent alone, if he is selected for anywhere. Like Stephen Kinnock, Jack Dromey, Valerie Vaz, Emily Wedgewood-Benn, David Prescott and anyone I've missed out who was selected or on  a shortlist.

Labour is against grammar schools because of social mobility. Well, a working class kid has got a better chance of getting into a grammar school than he has finding himself the offspring, husband or relative of a Labour MP in order to get ahead in life.

A fine example of over-turning the rigged system  Big Grin
(04-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: You miss the point. Labour today rallied against 'the elite'. They attack grammars.

Incidentally, Corbyn, an MP for 34 years IS the elite/establishment. No doubt the usual public sector union types will lap it up, though.

The point is politicians look after their own. Tho I am not surprised to see you looking through one eye at the issue

As for rallying against the elite, you were the number one anti elite rallier on here during and post referendum. So Corbyn must be right up your street along with Farage
(04-20-2017, 05:35 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(04-20-2017, 05:02 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote: You miss the point. Labour today rallied against 'the elite'. They attack grammars.

The point is politicians look after their own. Tho I am not surprised to see you looking through one eye at the issue

As for rallying against the elite, you were the number one anti elite rallier on here during and post referendum. So Corbyn must be right up your street along with Farage

You are the one missing the point, as you always do. I'll repeat: Labour positions itself as the party of meritocracy and anti-elitism.  Yet, it practices a hell of a lot of nepotism. 

I also don't remember being an anti-elite rallier, just idle guesswork from you, isn't it?
Well Corbyn's camp have said that this is "categorically untrue" so this is a good start to the honest, no lying election.

Mind you this is the same guy who said the economy had crashed this morning.
Corbyn is trying a bit of Trump it seems.
Going to be an interesting couple of months
(04-21-2017, 10:40 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote: Corbyn is trying a bit of Trump it seems.
Going to be an interesting couple of months

He says he won't resign if they lose.
As Cameron said prior to the referendum...