Labour's Credible Leave Option
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49646544

Ermmm why aren't they helping the country and putting forward their credible leave option now instead of keeping it in case they win an election?

Just shows what a bunch of cnuts they (and all of the others in power) have been about the whole process.

My whole family used to be Labour voters, right now I don't know a single one who would vote for them and their moronic leader.
(09-10-2019, 02:25 PM)MassDebater Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49646544

Ermmm why aren't they helping the country and putting forward their credible leave option now instead of keeping it in case they win an election?

Just shows what a bunch of cnuts they (and all of the others in power) have been about the whole process.

My whole family used to be Labour voters, right now I don't know a single one who would vote for them and their moronic leader.

Because they don't trust this government well known for it's fair play and scruples to not pull a fast one and plunge us into a no deal situation with the effects not fully appreciated of a no deal until later down the line when we will be probably stuck with a rabid right wing nationalist / sorry Conservative government at the helm for another five disastrous years. 

This governments stance on an election is no better than Labours who didn't want an election, do want an election, don't want election but kind do want want now they think they can win! If you think they have your best interests at heart then you might want to think again. 

The only real way to address this mess fairly now is a second referendum but oddly Brexiteers don't want to do this because it's against democracy - translation they think there is a very good chance they will lose, now that people have more information to judge. The same logic is used when parliament is held up as sovereign until it doesn't do as Brexiteers want then it's anti-democratic and it's full of traitors to 'the people'.
I’m a floating voter but at the minute I’d jump to vote Labour based on this, despite how crap I think Corbyn is.
The whole Brexit thing is not about Tory or Labour as 80 per cent of MPs wanted to stay.
However, the 2016 referendum lacked the questions for the complexity of the decision, with a poorly thought through gamble by Cameron, which has backfired hugely.
The Tories are culpable for this mess by trying to appease the lunatic fringe(no pun intended.)
Only extremists and the very dim would have voted for no deal in 2016. Now we have a right wing extremist government led by the most morally lacking cretinous individual to be PM in my lifetime, who would be reckless enough to do this for his fascist friends.
Never thought I’d like to see Corbyn as PM, but that’s what we have now. He is the lesser of two evils and never has the word evil been so relevant.
And there is the problem with an election - we wouldn't be voting on who can deliver better public services in a sustainable way, we would end up voting for the party that gives us what we want with Brexit. Get the Brexit mess out of the way with a referendum and then get back to the party politics that will define the nation going forward.
(09-11-2019, 08:22 AM)baggy1 Wrote: And there is the problem with an election - we wouldn't be voting on who can deliver better public services in a sustainable way, we would end up voting for the party that gives us what we want with Brexit. Get the Brexit mess out of the way with a referendum and then get back to the party politics that will define the nation going forward.
But how?
I, like many Remainers, would have accepted May's deal, but since that has been booted out we are in the wilderness.
I think the only credible option now is whoever is in charge say, we haven't been able to deliver Brexit due to how much more complex it has been and the way we have divided the country. It was a very slim mandate, which has the country split in half. Public, do you think, based on the last 3 years of what you've seen that we should pursue this? Here's the options, leave with no deal, here's the agreed deal that May got, or shall we stay in Europe.
It's not ideal, as the Daily Mail readers will go apeshit, but it's the fairest option.
I'd have a two part question:

Do you want to leave the EU or remain?

If the vote is to leave would you accept leaving without a deal - Yes or No?

Following that I'd have an election and part of the election would be, if the vote was to leave, based on the proposals put forward by the parties in their manifesto. Also, if the vote was to leave, then there would be none of the 'We will fight to remain' discourse from the LIb Dems and the SNP, they would have to go with the will of the public.

The EU would allow us an extension until next summer to get all of this out of the way and have an organised Brexit, if it came to that.
(09-11-2019, 08:58 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I'd have a two part question:

Do you want to leave the EU or remain?

If the vote is to leave would you accept leaving without a deal - Yes or No?

Following that I'd have an election and part of the election would be, if the vote was to leave, based on the proposals put forward by the parties in their manifesto. Also, if the vote was to leave, then there would be none of the 'We will fight to remain' discourse from the LIb Dems and the SNP, they would have to go with the will of the public.

The EU would allow us an extension until next summer to get all of this out of the way and have an organised Brexit, if it came to that.
Yep, that's sensible.
I think you and I have just proven there is an answer, which would appease the majority, bar the true Euro haters, which still are the minority, but you wouldn't think it as they make a lot of noise.
Although I am dead against leaving I would respect a sensible vote that is based on information available. The 2016 referendum has been proven many times to have a basis in absolute bullshit and fairy tales. There will always be an impasse if we continue like this as the whole Brexit mess has been hijacked by self serving wankers who are not putting the country 1st.
(09-11-2019, 09:20 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Although I am dead against leaving I would respect a sensible vote that is based on information available. The 2016 referendum has been proven many times to have a basis in absolute bullshit and fairy tales. There will always be an impasse  if we continue like this as the whole Brexit mess has been hijacked by self serving wankers who are not putting the country 1st.

Exactly
(09-11-2019, 09:28 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(09-11-2019, 09:20 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Although I am dead against leaving I would respect a sensible vote that is based on information available. The 2016 referendum has been proven many times to have a basis in absolute bullshit and fairy tales. There will always be an impasse  if we continue like this as the whole Brexit mess has been hijacked by self serving wankers who are not putting the country 1st.

Exactly

Yep spot on self severing wankers on both sides of the debate.