Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton
Hughton is a tidy manager. Done some very good work at difficult places. Have no idea how hard the Brighton job is , probably the 'easiest' one he has had, but even still beating Benetiz's Newcastle to promotion is no mean feat.

As an aside, anyone else think that a little bit of gloss has been removed from Rafa's managerial reputation, this season. Seem to be making very hard weather of promotion.
(04-17-2017, 07:51 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Hughton is a tidy manager. Done some very good work at difficult places. Have no idea how hard the Brighton job is , probably the 'easiest' one he has had, but even still beating Benetiz's Newcastle to promotion is no mean feat.

Think he was really shabbily treated by Newcastle, I hope Brighton give him a fair crack of the whip.
Hope they take a leaf out of Burnleys book, accept that struggling next season is almost inevitable and knowing that, even if they did go down, they have the ideal man to bring them back again.
Hughton seems to have done a decent job everywhere bar Norwich whose fans claim he took them down playing dour, negative football
Just back - our first Prem promotion evening was far better!
But I didn't get kissed as much (which for an older git makes me smile)

They are going to need to change some of their (OUR) songs next year though

One proper Albion, there's only one proper Albion...
Tongue 
(04-17-2017, 12:56 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Johnny_Rep'And Smith must score ' . Mickey Robinson , Jimmy Melia .

Won 3-0 or 3-1 last time I went to the Goldstone . Not even sure now . Good away game for a bank holiday weekend though , which it was .

Not been to any of their new grounds .

Easter Saturday that was mon - around 1990

Who scored their first WBA goal that day? Prob his 8th game

Was that really 27 years ago ? Kin ell . I recall it being a long weekend on the orange juice , that shitty terracing on the side and not a lot else . 

Banno would have been my guess too . Honest .
Quick quiz. Who score Albion's goals when we beat Brighton 5.0 in September 1982? (a rare season in the top flight for BHAFC who finished bottom).
Jol Eastoe and Ally Brown 2. I cant remember who scored the other
(04-21-2017, 04:47 PM)TR 675 Wrote: Jol Eastoe  and Ally Brown 2. I cant remember who scored the other

Spot on with those 3. 1 more to find...
We can safely ink in the Seagulls as relegation certs next season.
(04-21-2017, 05:26 PM)texas Wrote: We can safely ink in the Seagulls as relegation certs next season.

The same was said about Bournemouth when they went up 4 seasons ago