Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton
I have to confess to coming on here after seeing them fluke a win over Fulham and prophesying that they might miss out on on automatic promotion. Shows what I know, but at least Fulham are now reaping some of the points that their football deserves.
The Amex stadium is probably the least intimidating place in which I've ever watched football, which is fair enough, but not at all daunting for the away team. Their pre-kickoff song is a very jolly ditty called 'Sussex by the Sea' which unfortunately begins with:
'Now is the time for marching
Now let your hearts be gay.'
The whole atmosphere is very family-based, but having said that, their home record ain't half bad this season!
However, they seem to me to be a good, well-organised Championship side who'd struggle to beat 20 points in the Premiership without any additions. Obviously they will buy, but they'd have to buy very well in order to stay up.
Villa and Wolves watching as another Albion disappears into the distance.
Just Burton to go now.
Went to uni at Sussex. The new ground is just over the road from the campus so I'm quite glad they're coming up.

Watched them v Wolves and don't think they'll find it very easy in the prem. Seem a bit soft.
Johnny_Rep'And Smith must score ' . Mickey Robinson , Jimmy Melia .

Won 3-0 or 3-1 last time I went to the Goldstone . Not even sure now . Good away game for a bank holiday weekend though , which it was .

Not been to any of their new grounds .

Easter Saturday that was mon - around 1990

Who scored their first WBA goal that day? Prob his 8th game
Garry banister.
(04-17-2017, 10:23 AM)Statto Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 09:37 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: 1993 the last time we played them (Hunt hat-trick). My ex was a Brighton ST holder so I made a few trips to the Withdean. Not been to re new stadium though.

You are BaggieNick and I claim my £5  Big Grin

Arf. It was a she. Honest. A couple of biffs on here met her years back.
(04-17-2017, 09:08 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: There should only ever be one Albion in blue and white stripes in the Prem and it's not those pretenders from m down south.

Bang on!  Like a crap tribute act, just don't see the point. There is only one REAL Albion.
Shame they've gone up as Dunk is a proper Tone centre half, scouted him loads this season but doubt we'll prize him away now

Cuzer
Looking forward to ticking that ground off the list next season but no doubt the 'fixture computer' will stick us down there on Tuesday night in February.
(04-17-2017, 02:22 PM)petty sniper Wrote: Garry banister.

Big Grin