Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighton
Off to their big game today. Will they be the new Bournemouth or crash and burn next season I wonder.
They certainly have more aggression up front than many Prem teams, but I think will get found out at the back & Dunk will get red cards aplenty.
But fair play they have held it together well this season, and the Amex is neat ground to visit (shame about the park'n'ride parking but the trains kind of work and there are plenty of good places to drink & eat well not far from the station). 
Knowing their fanbase, they're a funny lot - none really hard, many families who travel, and a 21st century club having lost the older diehards when they lost their ground. I used to go up to Gillingham with a mate for a while, then to the Withdean so having seen all that it really is quite a journey they've been on and so have a cause for celebration.

Given my lads at work tomorrow off if it happens for them today; they won't have their heads on anyway!

Seagulls!

(Wrong shade of blue entirely, mind...)
Will be nice to see them come up as it will be a bit of a change. They seem to be a very well run club so I imagine they will be sensible and Jack themselves to come back up if they go down. Will probably take a similar approach to us in our first few PL seasons. Sign some players to improve the team without breaking the bank and pocket lots of the PL money to cover the following seasons.
There should only ever be one Albion in blue and white stripes in the Prem and it's not those pretenders from m down south.
1993 the last time we played them (Hunt hat-trick). My ex was a Brighton ST holder so I made a few trips to the Withdean. Not been to re new stadium though.
Foster, Grealish, Stevens and Lawrenson were the names I always associate with Brighton
(04-17-2017, 10:06 AM)Baggiemad Wrote: Foster, Grealish, Stevens and Lawrenson were the names I always associate with Brighton

for football reasons alone?
(04-17-2017, 10:06 AM)Baggiemad Wrote: Foster, Grealish, Stevens and Lawrenson were the names I always associate with Brighton

That must have been quite a night
(04-17-2017, 10:08 AM)Great Bridge Wrote:

That must have been quite a night

I still walk unsteadily after all the years gone by......

Confused
'And Smith must score ' . Mickey Robinson , Jimmy Melia .

Won 3-0 or 3-1 last time I went to the Goldstone . Not even sure now . Good away game for a bank holiday weekend though , which it was .

Not been to any of their new grounds .
(04-17-2017, 09:37 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: 1993 the last time we played them (Hunt hat-trick). My ex was a Brighton ST holder so I made a few trips to the Withdean. Not been to re new stadium though.

You are BaggieNick and I claim my £5  Big Grin