Leavers changing their mind en masse?
The Country is cut virtually in half between those wanting to stay and those wanting to leave. Parliament reflects precisely that. Except they such a bunch of selfish wankers intent on getting every inch of leverage form the shambles they have all forgotten what they are there for.
At least the whole nightmare has exposed Corbyn for what an utter fuckwit he is and his team for being group think commies.
Brexit will be a tipping point for party politics a we know it, nothing will ever be the same again.

Cameron is dog shit for putting us through this mess, May was dogshit because she no idea what to do, no idea how to negotiate, Corbyn and all his crowd are utter dogshit. We are left with Englands equivalent of Loki running our Government. I have no idea what happens next and neither does anyone in Parliament
(09-09-2019, 10:50 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 01:00 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I suspect there will be a lot of 'I won't be voting, my vote didn't count last time' comments from leavers so that they can harp on about democracy being dead (despite not voting themselves) for the next 40 years.

I've already heard it from one.

You only suspect!, Jesus you must be extra stupid if it isn't obvious to you that a great deal won't vote after this shambles.

I must be extra stupid then, why would anyone vote for something they wanted. Ah yes, it's because they voted once on a vague concept that they couldn't agree on themselves, and when they couldn't agree on that and it became apparent that getting out of a contract is a bit more difficult than the 'easiest deal ever' they decide not to come up with any suggestions apart from sitting in the corner, stamping their feet.

Why don't you try the basic level of the contract discussion. Ring up your phone company and tell them you are leaving and you're not paying them for anything again, including the bit you agreed to pay for.
Now you have confused me, you have stated you suspect, there will be a lot not voting after this, and I have said there WILL be a great deal not voting ever again after this shambles and you start rambling on about a phone contract.
(09-09-2019, 10:32 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(09-07-2019, 09:00 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: No doubt Saus will be on to spout some shit about project fear and the cunt Corbyn some time soon.

The BBC are doing a good enough job stirring up Project Fear without my need to comment. Oh, and Corbyn is a cnut, demanding an election for 18 months then Boris offers him one and he runs away scared with his tail between his legs whimpering and whining, the Cnut.

Face facts, if it wasn't for moaning meddling remoaners with their own ulterior motives and agendas, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Oh and here's a guide for you if you're not ready to leave yet: Get ready for Brexit

Wow! Are you trying to put as many baseless cliches you can find in one post? 

Most sensible MPs on all sides don’t trust Johnson or Cummings (even his own brother ffs) and as result they want a guarantee that they won’t try to weasel out on the Benn Bill just going through the legal process, before they have an election. Why are they doing that? Because despite the masochistic, lemming-like tendency of some of their constituents they are trying to protect them from a no deal Brexit. Frankly if there was a way where only those stupid enough to want to go down that route suffered the consequences I would be more than happy. The rest of us can carry on as normal. 

I will let you into into a secret those to blame for this are the Conservative Party.
I'm sorry, I'll try to make it clearer.

You voted for something that couldn't be delivered because it was too simple a question. 'We want to leave the EU' doesn't specify how that would or could happen.

And because it became complicated, because the real world is, nobody could agree how to make it happen. Also low and behold there isn't a simple solution to get out of an agreement that affects 100s of millions of people.

So, your answer to all of this is that you won't vote again because they didn't listen to you 1st time. Well let me put this as simply as I can - There is a hell of a lot more knowledge about the whole subject now than when vote leave won the referendum and it would be extremely democratic to allow people to vote of the information now.

And only the extra stupid people would be the ones to disagree with that.

Or the real reason is that you won't vote because you know it won't get through again because the majority of the country can see what a fucking stupid idea it was and is.
(09-09-2019, 01:06 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm sorry, I'll try to make it clearer.

You voted for something that couldn't be delivered because it was too simple a question. 'We want to leave the EU' doesn't specify how that would or could happen.

And because it became complicated, because the real world is, nobody could agree how to make it happen. Also low and behold there isn't a simple solution to get out of an agreement that affects 100s of millions of people.

So, your answer to all of this is that you won't vote again because they didn't listen to you 1st time. Well let me put this as simply as I can - There is a hell of a lot more knowledge about the whole subject now than when vote leave won the referendum and it would be extremely democratic to allow people to vote of the information now.

Or the real reason is that you won't vote because you know it won't get through again because the majority of the country can see what a fucking stupid idea it was and is.
Thank you for the clarification, you threw a tantrum because of how we voted and now are throwing a tantrum because we refuse to vote again, you are not extra stupid, you are special.
(09-09-2019, 01:23 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

Thank you for the clarification, you threw a tantrum because of how we voted and now are throwing a tantrum because we refuse to vote again, you are not extra stupid, you are special.

I really haven't thrown any tantrum - I'm saying something simple. We, as a country, came to a decision based on facts known at the time. We now have more information and think it sensible to check our original decision and that we still think it's valid.

Without the name calling, banter, aggression or whatever you want to call it, what is wrong with that?
(09-09-2019, 01:34 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:23 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:

I really haven't thrown any tantrum - I'm saying something simple. We, as a country, came to a decision based on facts known at the time. We now have more information and think it sensible to check our original decision and that we still think it's valid.

Without the name calling, banter, aggression or whatever you want to call it, what is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, what I have picked you up on, is that you suspect there will be lot's that won't vote again and I have stated there is no suspicion about it, this has finished politics for great swathes of people, I am just intrigued why it bothers you that people will never vote again.
(09-09-2019, 01:41 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Nothing wrong with that, what I have picked you up on, is that you suspect there will be lot's that won't vote again and I have stated there is no suspicion about it, this has finished politics for great swathes of people, I am just intrigued why it bothers you that people will never vote again.

Because that is what democracy is. I have no bother about people not voting again, I will have an issue if they don't vote and then moan about the outcome.
So we voted to leave an unelected quango, straight away a second referendum was called for, when that failed, a millionaire business woman went through the courts to try to overturn the vote, when that failed mps opposed to the vote have done everything they could to stop it, finally being ratified by another unelected quango ( the house of lords ) and now we are refused a general election. and you wonder why there are those that won't vote again. tell me more about this democracy you speak of.