changed my mind
So what now? We can't leave without a deal but every deal put forward thus far parliament has voted down, now with out only bargain chip gone(albeit a very weak one) there's no way Brussels will improve on mays last deal which Parliament voted down so what exactly do they fuggin want! One mp Jess Philips(I think) said live in the debate she would never ever vote for anything put forward by this government true colours showing through, now we can't even have an election so we now are pretty much ungovernable at the moment, the whole house of commons wether Pro brexit or Pro remain are nothing short of a self serving, arrogant, lying, two faced treacherous bunch of CUNTS, God fuggin help us.
(09-04-2019, 08:03 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Know very few who've changed their mind. A couple of remainers who were drawn in by apocalyptic predictions that now say they would vote leave. But most sill as entrenched in their views as they were 3 years ago.

That probably shows your company more than anything else, with no disrespect intended. For instance my brother voted leave and barely knows anyone who voted remain. I know heaps from both sides. 
I don’t think the EU is brilliant, but a punt on economic recession, the Uk breaking up, Ireland seeing the troubles start again, and building walls against our closest allies doesn’t seem to add up.

(09-04-2019, 09:24 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: So what now? We can't leave without a deal but every deal put forward thus far parliament has voted down, now with out only bargain chip gone(albeit a very weak one) there's no way Brussels will improve on mays last deal which Parliament voted down so what exactly do they fuggin want! One mp Jess Philips(I think) said live in the debate she would never ever vote for anything put forward by this government true colours showing through, now we can't even have an election so we now are pretty much ungovernable at the moment, the whole house of commons wether Pro brexit or Pro remain are nothing short of a self serving, arrogant, lying, two faced treacherous bunch of CUNTS, God fuggin help us.
They represent exactly the demographic of the country.
When we have an ego centric lying philanderer as PM it says more of the morals of the people.
(09-04-2019, 09:24 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: So what now? We can't leave without a deal but every deal put forward thus far parliament has voted down, now with out only bargain chip gone(albeit a very weak one) there's no way Brussels will improve on mays last deal which Parliament voted down so what exactly do they fuggin want! One mp Jess Philips(I think) said live in the debate she would never ever vote for anything put forward by this government true colours showing through, now we can't even have an election so we now are pretty much ungovernable at the moment, the whole house of commons wether Pro brexit or Pro remain are nothing short of a self serving, arrogant, lying, two faced treacherous bunch of C**ts. God fuggin help us.

Hear, hear.

(09-05-2019, 06:26 AM)QSpandaubaggie Wrote: When we have an ego centric lying philanderer as PM it says more of the morals of the people.

Whoever wins the next election we will have a “lying philanderer” as PM. One is an out of touch toff and egotist the other is an anti British Marxist.
Like Tetley said, “God fuggin help us”.
(09-05-2019, 07:05 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 09:24 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: So what now? We can't leave without a deal but every deal put forward thus far parliament has voted down, now with out only bargain chip gone(albeit a very weak one) there's no way Brussels will improve on mays last deal which Parliament voted down so what exactly do they fuggin want! One mp Jess Philips(I think) said live in the debate she would never ever vote for anything put forward by this government true colours showing through, now we can't even have an election so we now are pretty much ungovernable at the moment, the whole house of commons wether Pro brexit or Pro remain are nothing short of a self serving, arrogant, lying, two faced treacherous bunch of C**ts. God fuggin help us.

Hear, hear.

(09-05-2019, 06:26 AM)QSpandaubaggie Wrote: When we have an ego centric lying philanderer as PM it says more of the morals of the people.

Whoever wins the next election we will have a “lying philanderer” as PM. One is an out of touch toff and egotist the other is an anti British Marxist.
Like Tetley said, “God fuggin help us”.

Hang on I dislike both main leaders and frankly the Conservatives are now the Brexit / UKIP / National Party. However many MPs have fallen on their sword for ‘the people’ and they are getting called traitors, quislings and surrenders (there’s those apparently none existent war references again) by idiots. Those hell bent leaving without a deal are the real danger to this country and who will suffer the most? Many of those duped by their snake oil promises which is mainly the poorest and most vulnerable in society.

As I’ve asked previously why would members of the Conservative party vote against their ‘own’ party when they have in many cases dedicated their lives to it and knew the consequences of their actions? Why? What is in it for them? They will be fine regardless of a deal or ‘no’ deal.
Derek, I think I'm prepared to take the Tory rebellion at face value; at least in the case of those MPs of whom I've learned a little. My own constituency MP is among them and notwithstanding the fact that I would never vote for her (because, whatever else I am, I will never be a Tory) I think her politics are at least underpinned by a measure of decency. Philip Hammond is another example of someone who, politics aside, comes across as a rational human being, and - along with Rory Stewart - one of the few sentient members of the previous cabinet.

So I don't discount that, for those rebels, a tipping-point has been reached. And perhaps they would prefer to be able to look themselves in the eye when they finally walk out of The Commons for the last time.

Johnson is finally being confronted with the implications of what he's wished for: he now has a job where he has to turn up for work every day and - literally and figuratively - have a spotlight shone on his performances. He's no longer in a position to go into hiding, finesse it away with a one-liner or a bit of latin, pretend it was 'only a joke'. It was pretty evident yesterday just how far out of his depth he is.
(09-05-2019, 07:31 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Hang on I dislike both main leaders and frankly the Conservatives are now the Brexit / UKIP / National Party. However many MPs have fallen on their sword for ‘the people’ and they are getting called traitors, quislings and surrenders (there’s those apparently none existent war references again) by idiots. 
Yep, mostly made by you!

Little lexical lesson for you. The word ‘Traitor ‘ as been around for centuries.
A 2nd referendum would be phrased differently to give the MPs scope for their approach. This should have been clarified a couple of years ago when it became obvious that this was going to be a bit more difficult than the 'easiest in human history' to get.

Do you want to remain in the EU or Leave the EU? Remain ; Leave
Would you accept a No Deal Brexit? Yes ; No

If we can go to the trouble of calling an election to give a government the mandate to do what they want (which won't work because we are split down the middle and and we'll get another, probably more so, hung parliament) then we can have a referendum to clarify the matter for the current government to carry out the will of the people.

There currently isn't a mandate in the country for no deal, a referendum will do one of three things; give Boris the mandate to take us out with no deal; cancel Brexit entirely, mean that the government have to do some work and negotiate a proper deal.

This 'ability to walk away' line as a requirement comes from people who understand business but don't understand government. Running the country isn't the same as running a PLC. A PLC can walk away from a deal because they will move onto another deal to replace the one they don't like. We can't walk away from the EU, we need to continue to work with them going forward.
(09-05-2019, 08:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote: A 2nd referendum would be phrased differently to give the MPs scope for their approach. This should have been clarified a couple of years ago when it became obvious that this was going to be a bit more difficult than the 'easiest in human history' to get.

If we can go to the trouble of calling an election to give a government the mandate to do what they want (which won't work because we are split down the middle and and we'll get another, probably more so, hung parliament) then we can have a referendum to clarify the matter for the current government to carry out the will of the people.

There currently isn't a mandate in the country for no deal, a referendum will do one of three things; give Boris the mandate to take us out with no deal; cancel Brexit entirely, mean that the government have to do some work and negotiate a proper deal.

This 'ability to walk away' line as a requirement comes from people who understand business but don't understand government. Running the country isn't the same as running a PLC. A PLC can walk away from a deal because they will move onto another deal to replace the one they don't like. We can't walk away from the EU, we need to continue to work with them going forward.

B1, I know we don’t agree, fundamentally, but I do appreciate that you do talk sensibly. Without the antagonistic bile that some use. I can agree with some of what you say here but As regards not running a state the same as a PLC...  The Kennedy intransigent stand off with Khrushchev eventually produced an agreement acceptable to both sides.
(09-05-2019, 09:01 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 08:43 AM)baggy1 Wrote: A 2nd referendum would be phrased differently to give the MPs scope for their approach. This should have been clarified a couple of years ago when it became obvious that this was going to be a bit more difficult than the 'easiest in human history' to get.

B1, I know we don’t agree, fundamentally, but I do appreciate that you do talk sensibly. Without the antagonistic bile that some use. I can agree with some of what you say here but As regards not running a state the same as a PLC...  The Kennedy intransigent stand off with Khrushchev eventually produced an agreement acceptable to both sides.

However we live under a parliamentary democracy not a presidential one. 
BJ has not learnt from the failings of his predecessor, whatever plan he has can be blocked by parliament.
(09-05-2019, 09:22 AM)Sunshine Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 09:01 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:

However we live under a parliamentary democracy not a presidential one. 
BJ has not learnt from the failings of his predecessor, whatever plan he has can be blocked by parliament.

Exactly, the stupidity of not gauging what Parliament would accept, the practicalities of those positions and devising a plan of action for the negotiations before activating Article 50 is what led to May's downfall and Boris is just doing the same thing with the same empty rhetoric.