changed my mind
I voted out... and to my shame, I admit that like many others, it was a vote powered by emotion. "What had the EU ever done for me?" ... etc. etc. What I fondly imagined, was a removal from the political arena, (which I still detest as the corrupt Franco/German alliance that it is), whilst still maintaining trade links. What I did not foresee, was the little Englander tsunami that came with the result. "We will be great again", "No deal! We will show the world" .... but hang on. Have any of the "No dealers" stopped to look at the world that we're supposedly going to conquer? It's a basket case. Economically, the world is slipping into recession, and politically, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Putin, Trump and Xi, (let's add Johnson to that while we're about it), are all despotic egomaniacs, who have nothing but self interest at heart, and I really don't see these as a our trade buddies that will take us forward to a glorious future ... never mind the fact that it might take years to set up new trade deals anyway. These are strange, dangerous times, in which many, if not most nations are playing the protectionist card, and any deals we may get from a shrinking market are unlikely to be that advantageous to us... particularly as Russia and China hate us anyway, and any deal with Trump will have "America First" at it's heart.

So I've changed my mind. If we can't get a deal that maintains the status quo, (at least to a large degree on trade), then I'd rather stay as we are. 

Our one saving grace IMHO, is that we never joined the Euro, which I believe is heading for an almighty crash in the next year or so.  Confused
You’re not allowed to change your mind. You are forever part of “The People”.
(09-04-2019, 09:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: You’re not allowed to change your mind. You are forever part of “The People”.

Is that the People's Vote people or the People's Parliament people or just the people in general ?

It's difficult to know which side has a claim to the people
The people should in theory be everyone, as opposed to only those who, a few years ago, thought we should leave the EU.
(09-04-2019, 09:26 AM)Duffers Wrote: You’re not allowed to change your mind. You are forever part of “The People”.

Sh*t!    I wish you'd told me that before I posted.
Fair play, fella.
I know of 4 people in my little circle who voted leave and feel they made an error.
Listen to Major, Brown, Blair, all living ex PMs who say it's madness. Even Cameron and May wanted to stay.
The whole thing is an utter joke and baseless, but the circus continues.
We're an embarrassment.
Know very few who've changed their mind. A couple of remainers who were drawn in by apocalyptic predictions that now say they would vote leave. But most sill as entrenched in their views as they were 3 years ago.
(09-04-2019, 08:03 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Know very few who've changed their mind. A couple of remainers who were drawn in by apocalyptic predictions that now say they would vote leave. But most sill as entrenched in their views as they were 3 years ago.

I disagree. I voted Remain and am reconciled to leaving - I just don't want a no deal exit. I think I'm not alone on that score. Thousands, if not millions, have probably compromised in such a way. I think Parliament probably reflects this.
(09-04-2019, 08:20 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(09-04-2019, 08:03 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Know very few who've changed their mind. A couple of remainers who were drawn in by apocalyptic predictions that now say they would vote leave. But most sill as entrenched in their views as they were 3 years ago.

I disagree. I voted Remain and am reconciled to leaving - I just don't want a no deal exit. I think I'm not alone on that score. Thousands, if not millions, have probably compromised in such a way. I think Parliament probably reflects this.

Likewise. I voted remain but accept that we will leave. As long as the suicidal option of No Deal is off the table then it should happen.