Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early bird disappointment
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-1...67387.aspx

Fair play for the reduction but it is a little uninspiring. U11 season ticket is great news but why restrict it to the Halfords only? The large swathe of empty seats has been in the Brummie this year. Why not a cheap seat here?

I'm not convinced it will have huge numbers returning
Why is it uninspiring? An adult can watch Premier League football for £20 a game or £21 a game spreading their payments. Personally I think that is great value. Compare it to other clubs, other activities then you really can't complain. It's £10 for the cinema these days. I went to Aintree on Friday and that was £38 in tatts. The clubs should be massively applauded.
Missed opportunity in my view , what worries me is that they
have been thinking about this for a couple of months , and
then come up with this , uninspiring is the word
(04-10-2017, 06:40 AM)aj21 Wrote: Why is it uninspiring? An adult can watch Premier League football for £20 a game or £21 a game spreading their payments. Personally I think that is great value. Compare it to other clubs, other activities then you really can't complain. It's £10 for the cinema these days. I went to Aintree on Friday and that was £38 in tatts. The clubs should be massively applauded.

Have Aintree or your local cinema been having plummeting season ticket sales though? I'm not doubting the VFM pal, it's decent and excellent when compared with most PL clubs. I just thought it might be a little more imaginative if hoping to inspire 2,000 extra season ticket sales. I hope I'm wrong
Anybody who expected it to be a fiver per game is living in a dream world.

The Football Supporters Federation themselves began the campaign 'Twenty's Plenty'
(04-10-2017, 06:50 AM)Cunningham1979 Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 06:40 AM)aj21 Wrote: Why is it uninspiring? An adult can watch Premier League football for £20 a game or £21 a game spreading their payments. Personally I think that is great value. Compare it to other clubs, other activities then you really can't complain. It's £10 for the cinema these days. I went to Aintree on Friday and that was £38 in tatts. The clubs should be massively applauded.

Have Aintree or your local cinema been having plummeting season ticket sales though? I'm not doubting the VFM pal, it's decent and excellent when compared with most PL clubs. I just thought it might be a little more imaginative if hoping to inspire 2,000 extra season ticket sales. I hope I'm wrong

Aintree hasn't but plenty of racecourse are struggling, I bet cinema ticket sales aren't what they were. Competing for people's money is harder than ever, the prices are good, the marketing has been poor. Hopefully this sees more people sign up but I don't think you can knock them for reducing prices when they are already very reasonable.
The price reductions are a reasonable token but essentially it's a PR exercise. It's the change in credit terms that will be more important for bringing back the hard-pressed fans, IMO.

Hopefully there will be more ingenuity with the match day offers to help fill in the gaps.
Interesting that Fletcher is in the picture. They must be confident that he'll stay?

Think the offers are pretty good. Especially the fact it looks like there is going to be a lot of deals for the kids next season.
5% is not enough of a difference to make a big difference IMO.

If they were serious about wanting to fill the ground they could have taken £100 off 20,000 season tickets at a cost of £2M, and £2M wouldn't have been the real cost, ift would have been less than that when you take into account extra food and merchandise sales.
That would have made a real difference.

No denying we have some of the cheapest tickets in the division, but we are in one of the poorest areas with the problem of an ever ageing fan base. It's a problem we needed to address but we have only taken a baby step towards it.

Just like the last few transfer windows, big talk but minimal actions. You missed a chance Albion.
(04-10-2017, 06:18 AM)Cunningham1979 Wrote: http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-1...67387.aspx

Fair play for the reduction but it is a little uninspiring. U11 season ticket is great news but why restrict it to the Halfords only? The large swathe of empty seats has been in the Brummie this year. Why not a cheap seat here?

I'm not convinced it will have huge numbers returning

Looks like the plan is to make the Halfords more of a family stand. I have Spurs and Arsenal mates paying over £1200 for a ST.