Theresa May Mark 2
What a pointless waste of time that speech was
I know - emergency cabinet meeting and then that. What did he tell us we didn’t know already. Basically he wants everyone to play along so he can get a better deal. And what happens if you don’t boris?
Tony Blair made an interesting observation a day or so back: I'm aware of peoples' views of Blair - and I disagreed with him over Iraq* - but that doesn't mean he's wrong about everything.

His point was that do those who cite potential civil unrest as an argument against a second referendum think that there won't be something similar once the consequences of a crash-out begin to become apparent?

* While conceding that he was obviously party to information that I didn't get to see
i think there is less chance of unrest if brexit is cancelled.

damage to politics would be huge though.

i cant see a way forward where anything like the majority of people are going to be happy.
(09-03-2019, 11:18 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: i think there is less chance of unrest if brexit is cancelled.

i cant see a way forward where anything like the majority of people are going to be happy.

Agree a deal that keeps us in the single market e.g. the EEA, move the backstop so that it only covers NI with there being no conflicts with GB due to both countries being in the single market, implement all the inter-EU immigration checks and regulations as allowed by the EU as well as the additional checks and restrictions that can be placed on EEA migrants as an EEA member, scrap CAP and CFP, sign free trade agreements with Canada, Australia and New Zealand and have blue passports. Everyone is pissed off a bit but we would still be in the single market, the Irish border would be open, we would be under the jurisdiction of the EFTA courts and not the ECJ, freedom of movement would be slightly restricted with better means of removing those we've allowed to abuse it, we would sign free trade deals with the three countries people keep citing and we would have left the EU without severely damaging the economy or becoming a vassal state of the US or China.
(09-03-2019, 11:49 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 11:18 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: i think there is less chance of unrest if brexit is cancelled.

Agree a deal that keeps us in the single market e.g. the EEA, move the backstop so that it only covers NI with there being no conflicts with GB due to both countries being in the single market, implement all the inter-EU immigration checks and regulations as allowed by the EU as well as the additional checks and restrictions that can be placed on EEA migrants as an EEA member, scrap CAP and CFP, sign free trade agreements with Canada, Australia and New Zealand and have blue passports. Everyone is pissed off a bit but we would still be in the single market, the Irish border would be open, we would be under the jurisdiction of the EFTA courts and not the ECJ, freedom of movement would be slightly restricted with better means of removing those we've allowed to abuse it, we would sign free trade deals with the three countries people keep citing and we would have left the EU without severely damaging the economy or becoming a vassal state of the US or China.

That's a whole lotta of compromise and WE THE PEOPLE VOTED OUT, NOT JUST A BIT OUT BUT ALL OUT, WE WILL NOT RELENT WE ARE THE PEOPLE, WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!! What about other people? THEY AREN'T THE PEOPLE, WE ARE THE PEOPLE, THEY ARE TRAITORS, REMOANERS, REMANIACS. Repeat to fade  Angel
'member the sunshine days of Theresa May?
It’s incredibly amusing to see Boris, who spent years plotting, politicking and backstabbing to get to this position flounder so badly so quickly.