Never mind the truth...
Quote:Dr Nicholl: "Can I remind you I wrote the plans in mitigation?"

JRM: "Well, you didn't write very good plans if you hadn't worked out how to mitigate, had you?

"It's fortunate that they're being written by other people now who are serious about mitigating and not remoaners."

Truly bizarre times we are living in. This is Mogg insulting a renowned neurosurgeon. I know which one I believe and I suspect it tells us everything about others which one they believe.
When you have a political class who have become accustomed to never acknowledging responsibility for anything - however long they've been in office - together with an opposition that allows this to continue with impunity, a certain glibness and detachment from reality are hardly surprising.

The problem with Labour (and this is nothing new where Labour are concerned) is that they have this strange amnesia which requires them to actually shoot themselves in the foot in order to understand the consequences of shooting themselves in the foot. Having said that, our current negotiating ploy with the EU seems to be "Give us a better deal or we'll blow our own bollocks off".
Did a cabinet minister actually use the word “remoaner”?

Aren’t they supposed to above that shit?
(09-02-2019, 02:40 PM)Duffers Wrote: Did a cabinet minister actually use the word “remoaner”?

Aren’t they supposed to above that shit?

Yep but this is the well known anti-establishment figure of JRM and one does have to doff ones cap when he speaks utter drivel.
It is incredible that this complete knob gets anywhere near power, let alone actually making real decisions on how the country is run. He's basically saying that the consultant neurosurgeon wasn't serious in getting the mitigating plans in place because he wanted deaths to prove his point that Brexit is bad. You couldn't make it up.
(09-02-2019, 03:55 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It is incredible that this complete knob gets anywhere near power, let alone actually making real decisions on how the country is run. He's basically saying that the consultant neurosurgeon wasn't serious in getting the mitigating plans in place because he wanted deaths to prove his point that Brexit is bad. You couldn't make it up.

But, but, but, they all make things up not just this government... I use the the term looser than a lubed up sea slug!
NEUROLOGIST NOT NEUROSURGEON BUT AT LEAST IT WAS CLOSER THAN THE NEW STATESMAN WHO CALL HIM A UROLOGIST
(09-02-2019, 06:26 PM)DAVE Wrote: NEUROLOGIST NOT NEUROSURGEON BUT AT LEAST IT WAS CLOSER THAN THE NEW STATESMAN WHO CALL HIM A UROLOGIST

SORRY, SHOUTY DAVE
Yes, neurologists are known for their expertise in political matters and international trade.
Gg
(09-03-2019, 12:50 PM)Sotv Wrote: Yes, neurologists are known for their expertise in political matters and international trade.

Yeah experts asked by the government to give their expert advice on a subject they are experts in, to tell them what they believe in their expert opinion may happen in the case of a no deal Brexit regarding that subject are ill equipped to answer the questions the government asked of them! 

Doff’s cap at his better...