Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Next cab off the rank?
#1
As if the vicar's daughter hasn't got enough to do dealing with Easter eggs. Proth will be writing to Mr Joseph telling him how much money they're spending

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/bre...-september
Reply
#2
(04-04-2017, 09:57 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: As if the vicar's daughter hasn't got enough to do dealing with Easter eggs. Proth will be writing to Mr Joseph telling him how much money they're spending

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/bre...-september

Add these and you know you've got a Tory government alright. Still it's what the British people voted for. Democracy in action.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017...d-families

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-39455078

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-39420662
Reply
#3
Could we have a credit bubble burst as well?

http://news.sky.com/story/if-the-jam-cre...t-10823094
Reply
#4
(04-05-2017, 07:12 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Could we have a credit bubble burst as well?

http://news.sky.com/story/if-the-jam-cre...t-10823094

Probably - with low interest rates there is no incentive to save and every incentive to buy now.

We have an economy pretty much built on debt and high house prices to support the banks asset values

Osborne once said that our economy needed re-balancing and he was right. Never did anything about it though.

Create a bubble and some time it's going to burst
Reply
#5
Twas ever thus with a Tory government. Shame the alternative is so piss poor. This really is an awful time politically.
Reply
#6
(04-05-2017, 07:45 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Twas ever thus with a Tory government. Shame the alternative is so piss poor. This really is an awful time politically.

Household debt to gdp ratio has been lower and is just about still lower than it was under the last Labour Government.

Lets not just blame the Tories - the whole lot are and have been incompetent, failed to build enough houses, failed to plan for growing populations.

Just a history of failure for decades.
Reply
#7
(04-04-2017, 09:57 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: As if the vicar's daughter hasn't got enough to do dealing with Easter eggs. Proth will be writing to Mr Joseph telling him how much money they're spending

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/bre...-september

80% of my work is with professional services firms. The other 20% is with Universities, FE Colleges & Academy Groups.

I was with one such Academy Group yesterday who weren't convinced that the work my team does could save them time and money despite the fact that we have £500 million worth of expenditure under management and deal everyday in markets that they deal in once every 3 or 5 years (or less often) and have a track record stretching back 7 years (for my business) and over 20 years for members of my team.

I was with a chap last night at a Local History group who was made redundant from one of my former clients (a college). 3 years ago we identified an opportunity to strip out £200,000 worth of annual expenditure on certain supplies & services (not people) from said college - a project that was 'too difficult' which remains to this day unimplemented. They sacked people instead and paid out £500,000 in redundancy payments.

You can understand why I roll my eyes when the concept of 'cuts' is raised?

(04-05-2017, 07:12 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Could we have a credit bubble burst as well?

http://news.sky.com/story/if-the-jam-cre...t-10823094

Is this actually news to anyone at all?

The (independent Tongue ) Bank of England has been encouraging the inflation of personal and corporate credit since 2008 - and is now wringing its hands saying it's too high.
Reply
#8
Whilst booting savers in the trousers.
Reply
#9
(04-05-2017, 09:35 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:57 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: As if the vicar's daughter hasn't got enough to do dealing with Easter eggs. Proth will be writing to Mr Joseph telling him how much money they're spending

https://www.tes.com/news/school-news/bre...-september

80% of my work is with professional services firms. The other 20% is with Universities, FE Colleges & Academy Groups.

I was with one such Academy Group yesterday who weren't convinced that the work my team does could save them time and money despite the fact that we have £500 million worth of expenditure under management and deal everyday in markets that they deal in once every 3 or 5 years (or less often) and have a track record stretching back 7 years (for my business) and over 20 years for members of my team.

I was with a chap last night at a Local History group who was made redundant from one of my former clients (a college). 3 years ago we identified an opportunity to strip out £200,000 worth of annual expenditure on certain supplies & services (not people) from said college - a project that was 'too difficult' which remains to this day unimplemented. They sacked people instead and paid out £500,000 in redundancy payments.

You can understand why I roll my eyes when the concept of 'cuts' is raised?

(04-05-2017, 07:12 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: Could we have a credit bubble burst as well?

http://news.sky.com/story/if-the-jam-cre...t-10823094

Is this actually news to anyone at all?

The (independent Tongue ) Bank of England has been encouraging the inflation of personal and corporate credit since 2008 - and is now wringing its hands saying it's too high.

Maybe Mr Joseph might have been more receptive to your advances and could still be paying himself a pen sion. 100 kids in a class, wow.

I know the potential credit bubble burst is hardly news. I was just to trying to emphasise how many major issues both current and potential May has to deal with apart from Brexit.
Reply
#10
Just clarify for me Proth, are you saying there are no cuts?
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)