Suspended Parliament
By mutually assured destruction do you mean for the UK and the conservative party? The idea that this is going to hit the EU as hard as us is a fantasy. They hold all the cards now, and after we leave with no Deal they'll hold all the cards for the future deals that we still need to make.
(08-29-2019, 02:55 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 02:49 PM)Sliced Wrote: By mutually assured destruction do you mean for the UK and the conservative party? The idea that this is going to hit the EU as hard as us is a fantasy. They hold all the cards now, and after we leave with no Deal they'll hold all the cards for the future deals that we still need to make.

I think that depends on which EU country and may not be so straight forward. In Ireland the consensus seems to be it will be devastating and far worse than for UK for example. I imagine the reality will be that countries will find a way to mitigate the worst effects should no deal happen however - they'd have to.

Ireland is an exceptional case, but even so the consensus with who? I understand why they are panicking. Anyone in both Northern and Republic of Ireland are understandably very worried because we're basically putting a middle finger up to them. We couldn't sort out their relationship so let's just not bother. It's going to be chaos
WE NEED TO PROROGUE THIS FUCKING BAORD LADS
(08-29-2019, 06:30 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote: they could all be working themselves into a fenzy like with the millennium bug and hopefully the predicted doom doesn't transpire.
Rolleyes

https://www.itpro.co.uk/bugs/32143/the-f...ike-brexit
(08-29-2019, 09:00 PM)DAVE Wrote: WE NEED TO PROROGUE THIS FUCKING BAORD LADS

Big Grin

Post of the thread.
(08-29-2019, 06:30 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 03:17 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 02:55 PM)Thurso Pickle Rick Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 02:49 PM)Sliced Wrote: By mutually assured destruction do you mean for the UK and the conservative party? The idea that this is going to hit the EU as hard as us is a fantasy. They hold all the cards now, and after we leave with no Deal they'll hold all the cards for the future deals that we still need to make.

I think that depends on which EU country and may not be so straight forward. In Ireland the consensus seems to be it will be devastating and far worse than for UK for example. I imagine the reality will be that countries will find a way to mitigate the worst effects should no deal happen however - they'd have to.

Ireland is an exceptional case, but even so the consensus with who? I understand why they are panicking. Anyone in both Northern and Republic of Ireland are understandably very worried because we're basically putting a middle finger up to them. We couldn't sort out their relationship so let's just not bother. It's going to be chaos

Well I still hear a lot of news from Ireland and go back and forth.  I'd say the consensus in government, opposition, media, financial services, industry and farming. Not really heard anyone say otherwise - but they could all be working themselves into a fenzy like with the millennium bug and hopefully the predicted doom doesn't transpire.

Well hopefully, but if we leave on the 31st of October without yet having done a deal with the EU then I can't see much else