That Cnut Corbyn
(08-28-2019, 05:55 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 04:00 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 03:53 PM)boingingjim Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 07:06 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 06:29 AM)YBaggie Rick Wrote: How the fuck do you know how I voted?? 

I voted remain, but I'm glad I'm not a whinging remoaner. Except the result and move on.

‘Accept’ what result? The one where a good proportion of just over 50% of the population voted on a concept they didn’t understand. Now that the facts are out there I will guarantee that tiny majority would be wiped out.

If you really think that people voted to leave with no deal in place being a real option then you are deluded. The liars and snake oil salesmen said getting a deal would be the easiest thing going, turns out they lied. 

The ‘I voted remain’ line is billy bullshit to make out there are people out there that accept the ‘democratic’ will of the electorate, except that they don’t because they don’t want to put the known facts to that very electorate.

I perfectly understood the concept and the "facts" haven't changed.  The Government even put out a white paper prior to the referendum stating what would happen if no deal was reached during the two years of the A50 enactment.

It's amazing that you can speak for 17.1m people and what they do and don't understand.  To sit there and pretend that everyone on the remain side completely understands what the EU is, what it stands for and where it's going is to use a phrase alike to your turns, horse shit.

I don't need to speak for the 17.1M, I only need to speak for 650k of them because that is all the swing is. However you speak for them obviously stating that they all read and understood a white paper.

And as for those that voted remain - they didn't need to understand what the EU is, stands for and where it's going, all they needed to understand was that things weren't broken, so don't try and fix them. The UK was struggling because of years of Tory austerity and a fair number of leavers voted as a protest against the way the country was being run, nothing to do with the EU.

And your true colours are shining through.

What gives you the right to speak for 650k?? It's YOUR opinion, that's all. Or can you predict the future now? Are you trying to be Harry Enfield's newest character, Remoaner Boy???

Don’t be a prick, it’s obvious that not all of those that voted leave would have accepted a no deal scenario.

(08-28-2019, 06:19 PM)boingingjim Wrote: My true colours? I voted leave. Proudly. I've never hidden this fact. Do you want to know why I did or are you going to guess and spout the same rhetoric as other supremacist remain voters.

You believe you are better than Leave voters that some how you were more equipped with facts and the mental capacity to judge what is best for everyone.

Though it turns out your vote and opinions mattered no more or less than any other adult in the UK. Everyone's vote counted exactly the same. It's time you understood that's how democracy works and while you are completely within your rights to campaign to rejoin the EU from 1st November 2019, we must first ensure that this democratic process is seen out to its rightful conclusion however painful that is for you to digest.

My bad on that one Jim, thought you were the one who’d said they voted remain but changed their mind.

I don’t think i’m better than anyone, however I am confident that if you asked the country if they would accept a no deal brexit then it wouldn’t get voted in. So leaving without a deal is against what the country wants, it is simply to appease the right wing of the right wing.
Confident how? You run a polling service and have some interesting stats based on a large sample? You've engaged sensibly with Leave voters since the vote and understand their concerns and reasons?

Or you are taking your view and casting it on to the millions of Leave voters again?
Are you genuinely of the belief that all leave voters would have accepted a no deal brexit?
(08-28-2019, 07:06 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 06:29 AM)YBaggie Rick Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:32 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Did you Bollox vote remain.

In response to the question - currently the problem we have is that there was a vote where comments and promises were made (I won’t put something in here about unicorns and candy floss but you get the idea), by having a vote now everyone would be voting on an understood concept. I would accept that result.

How the fuck do you know how I voted?? 

I voted remain, but I'm glad I'm not a whinging remoaner. Except the result and move on.

‘Accept’ what result? The one where a good proportion of just over 50% of the population voted on a concept they didn’t understand. Now that the facts are out there I will guarantee that tiny majority would be wiped out.

If you really think that people voted to leave with no deal in place being a real option then you are deluded. The liars and snake oil salesmen said getting a deal would be the easiest thing going, turns out they lied. 

The ‘I voted remain’ line is billy bullshit to make out there are people out there that accept the ‘democratic’ will of the electorate, except that they don’t because they don’t want to put the known facts to that very electorate.

I perfectly understood the concept and the "facts" haven't changed.  The Government even put out a white paper prior to the referendum stating what would happen if no deal was reached during the two years of the A50 enactment.

It's amazing that you can speak for 17.1m people and what they do and don't understand.  To sit there and pretend that everyone on the remain side completely understands what the EU is, what it stands for and where it's going is to use a phrase alike to your turns, horse shit.

I don't need to speak for the 17.1M, I only need to speak for 650k of them because that is all the swing is. However you speak for them obviously stating that they all read and understood a white paper.

And as for those that voted remain - they didn't understand what the EU is, stands for and how it will end in a european superstate, all they needed to understand were the things spoonfed to them by a liberal elite, so don't try and question them. The UK was struggling because of years of Labour profligacy and a fair number of leavers voted as a protest against the way the country was being run (i have no evidence for this but thought i'd throw it in anyway) nothing to do with the EU and its blatant corruption

edited for you

(08-28-2019, 09:04 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 08:46 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Corbyn doesn't want to remain part of the EU but, as you say, see's it as a route to power. The whole use of this pile of shit to get more power by the politicians is shameless and disgraceful. If ever there was an advert for how democracy gets abused this is it.

Forget a general election, forget a vote of no confidence, forget threatening to leave with no deal - just put the whole sorry mess to the public. Once that is sorted it is time to really rethink the way this country is run and make it about the public and not the fucking parties.

I agree but look how easily manipulated people are by the current showers of shite. Look at the state of the Brexit Party which imo is force for bad not good. Look at how suddenly anyone who voted leave ALWAYS wanted to go without a deal. Or Momentum setting the agenda for Labour. I’m politically homeless as are millions of others but some will allow themselves to airbrush the last decade out of their memory due to tribalism or a bit of a pay rise. It’ll still see the same cnuts voted in. Either it’s stupidity or utter selfishness that has prevailed in this country recently and I want no part of it.

but you're not easily manipulated like the rest of plebs are, eh Derek?
You’ve avoided the question there though Jim and it doesn’t take a lot to work out why. If there was a vote today on stay in or go with a no deal we would be staying in. That’s being forced upon us.

I’ve spelt my fears out on another thread, and my point has always been the it wasn’t broken before and didn’t need fixing. The UK’s problems have been caused by the UK government, plain and simple.

Also, I have worked for international companies for a long time and know how the UK is seen and where their investment will go if we don’t have direct links with Europe.
(08-28-2019, 08:07 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Are you genuinely of the belief that all leave voters would have accepted a no deal brexit?

Doesn't really matter what I believe, don't believe, want or don't want. There was a vote, with clear instructions that the vote would be implemented (Leave or Remain). We voted collectively, democratically to Leave. We then had the vast majority of MPs vote to enact Article 50. This had a legal default of no deal.

Nothing here should be a surprise.

If I was a remain voter I'd be surprised how easily I'd been led to believe that the EU has no influence or say on how the UK is run and actually how we are so intrinsically linked. But that's by the bye.

What is it about No Deal that you are most fearful about? Or have you and the remain side been easily manipulated by The Guardian and the Hammond's of the world to what they are telling you will happen?
(08-28-2019, 06:23 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 05:55 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 07:06 AM)baggy1 Wrote: ‘Accept’ what result? The one where a good proportion of just over 50% of the population voted on a concept they didn’t understand. Now that the facts are out there I will guarantee that tiny majority would be wiped out.

And as for those that voted remain - they didn't need to understand what the EU is, stands for and where it's going, all they needed to understand was that things weren't broken, so don't try and fix them. The UK was struggling because of years of Tory austerity and a fair number of leavers voted as a protest against the way the country was being run, nothing to do with the EU.

What gives you the right to speak for 650k?? It's YOUR opinion, that's all. Or can you predict the future now? Are you trying to be Harry Enfield's newest character, Remoaner Boy???

Don’t be a prick, it’s obvious that not all of those that voted leave would have accepted a no deal scenario.

(08-28-2019, 06:19 PM)boingingjim Wrote: My true colours? I voted leave. Proudly. I've never hidden this fact. Do you want to know why I did or are you going to guess and spout the same rhetoric as other supremacist remain voters.

You believe you are better than Leave voters that some how you were more equipped with facts and the mental capacity to judge what is best for everyone.

Though it turns out your vote and opinions mattered no more or less than any other adult in the UK. Everyone's vote counted exactly the same. It's time you understood that's how democracy works and while you are completely within your rights to campaign to rejoin the EU from 1st November 2019, we must first ensure that this democratic process is seen out to its rightful conclusion however painful that is for you to digest.

My bad on that one Jim, thought you were the one who’d said they voted remain but changed their mind.

I don’t think i’m better than anyone, however I am confident that if you asked the country if they would accept a no deal brexit then it wouldn’t get voted in. So leaving without a deal is against what the country wants, it is simply to appease the right wing of the right wing.

They may not of voted that way. 

But a swing of 650k is pretty hopeful, if not pie in the sky. As for calling me a prick, look at your posts on this thread.
Not certain why my posts are playing up- reason to call it a day chaps