Back from North Spain
Just back from 12 days touring Northern Spain. Stayed in La Coruna, Aviles, Potes, Leon, Santiago De Compostela. Had a great time, totally different to the Costas etc.
How was the totty and beer?
I absolutely love A Coruña, it’s a wonderfully relaxed city, with nice, empty cove beaches and every other building is a tapas bar and sells Estrella Galicia!

Santiago is a little bit too tourist-trap for my liking, but Leon, Vigo and Aviles are lovely!

You can see why the Spanish all flock to the North when the rest of Europe descends on the Costas!
(08-25-2019, 02:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote: How was the totty and beer?

Fine.

(08-25-2019, 02:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I absolutely love A Coruña, it’s a wonderfully relaxed city, with nice, empty cove beaches and every other building is a tapas bar and sells Estrella Galicia!

Santiago is a little bit too tourist-trap for my liking, but Leon, Vigo and Aviles are lovely!

You can see why the Spanish all flock to the North when the rest of Europe descends on the Costas!

We stayed in a hotel across the bay from La Coruna, right next to a beach that was cleaned every morning, great view. Went into the city for an afternoon, saw Deportivos young players training, Aviles and Leon, totally agree, lovely cities. Enjoyed Compostela as well, the Pilgrims doing the Camino walk meant it was busy, but we found lots to see. Drove across the Picos De Europa mountains from Potes, at one point the road was 5,500 ft above sea level, stunning scenery.
(08-25-2019, 02:35 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 02:06 PM)MassDebater Wrote: How was the totty and beer?

Fine.

(08-25-2019, 02:15 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: I absolutely love A Coruña, it’s a wonderfully relaxed city, with nice, empty cove beaches and every other building is a tapas bar and sells Estrella Galicia!

We stayed in a hotel across the bay from La Coruna, right next to a beach that was cleaned every morning, great view. Went into the city for an afternoon, saw Deportivos young players training, Aviles and Leon, totally agree, lovely cities. Enjoyed Compostela as well, the Pilgrims doing the Camino walk meant it was busy, but we found lots to see. Drove across the Picos De Europa mountains from Potes, at one point the road was 5,500 ft above sea level, stunning scenery.

It’s a real gem of an area, and doesn’t come with the harsh 35C+ heat and pissed up Brits of the South.

I’ve been toying with moving out there for the last few years, as now there are very regular flights from Santiago and A Coruña into London so commuting wouldn’t  be too tough!