Zohore
It was his run that summed up our attacking instinct. The players are slow to get the ball into the box most of the time so don't make the runs. There were quite a few times when I was shouting at the tele, get in the box. All else is pretty good but this needs to improve to be one of the league's top sides.
(08-24-2019, 01:45 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Zohore did really well second half.

He went on a bull dozing self made run during that half and was desperate for support but there was nobody there.

Good point.

Before game said I would prefer Austin to start games, and Zohore to come on last 30 mins to exploit tiring defences.

In the first half of games, chances are usually more difficult to come by and when they come it would be better if they were falling to a player like Austin who has an established record of taking chances.

Overall I am reasonably impressed by Zohore, not a world beater, but good enough for this league if used correctly.
(08-25-2019, 07:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Overall I am reasonably impressed by Zohore, not a world beater, but good enough for this league if used correctly.

This is a good summary IMO
Quite like the guy so far BUT he needs to anticipate and gamble much better for balls coming into the box which is where he’s lacking so far.
We have created a lot of potential chances with some superb balls into the box yet the defenders nearly always seem to be that bit quicker of mind in the box.
He certainly has a key role to play as does a fit and sharp Austin.
Without goals we are going nowhere despite some excellent approach play.
(08-24-2019, 01:50 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: I see. I’m a Villa fan because I don’t agree that Zahore has the goals in him to win us games we should be winning. Some very narrow minds on here.

You’re either a Villa fan or a complete cretin who writes a player off after 4 games - which one is it?

(08-25-2019, 08:12 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Quite like the guy so far BUT he needs to anticipate and gamble much better for balls coming into the box which is where he’s lacking so far.
We have created a lot of potential chances with some superb balls into the box yet the defenders nearly always seem to be that bit quicker of mind in the box.

Not sure how you anticipate some of the crosses we ping in - Phillips & Diangana put two or three in about 10 feet over his head yesterday.
(08-25-2019, 08:29 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Not sure how you anticipate some of the crosses we ping in - Phillips & Diangana put two or three in about 10 feet over his head yesterday.

Ahhh y'see, if ZOhore was anticipating it properly he'd have bought some step ladders out with him... See no anticipation!
(08-24-2019, 10:25 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:38 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:22 PM)The Surgeon Wrote: Good job cause he won’t get a goal in normal play. Garbage

If he scores 25 pens this season I doubt anyone will really care.

People still managed to moan about J Rod

What exactly did he do?  Wink

(08-25-2019, 07:52 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 07:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Overall I am reasonably impressed by Zohore, not a world beater, but good enough for this league if used correctly.

This is a good summary IMO

This.  He will also score some spectacular goals once he's settled.  Seems up for it.
(08-25-2019, 08:12 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Quite like the guy so far BUT he needs to anticipate and gamble much better for balls coming into the box which is where he’s lacking so far.

Agreed - he could be a real handful. 

Early days so far - but he needs to show much more aggression in attacking half decent crosses in the box, if not to score - at least force a mistake.   This was also something that Rondon could of improved on in his 3 years with us.
(08-27-2019, 11:47 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Early days so far - but he needs to show much more aggression in attacking half decent crosses in the box, if not to score - at least force a mistake.   This was also something that Rondon could of improved on in his 3 years with us.
I like the confidence he has to take pens. Not easy, especially when you haven't scored yet.
And we've had plenty of failure in the pen stakes over the years, so let's not underestimate that. 
It's also got us 2 points.
(08-27-2019, 12:48 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 11:47 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

I like the confidence he has to take pens. Not easy, especially when you haven't scored yet.
And we've had plenty of failure in the pen stakes over the years, so let's not underestimate that. 
It's also got us 2 points.

Cool as a cucumber.  I was wondering if he'd go for the same corner but he cleverly fooled the keeper.

Has been unlucky with a few chances he's had.   The goals will come.  I'd start him and Austin Saturday and really go for it.

(08-25-2019, 02:27 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 08:29 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Not sure how you anticipate some of the crosses we ping in - Phillips & Diangana put two or three in about 10 feet over his head yesterday.

Ahhh y'see, if ZOhore was anticipating it properly he'd have bought some step ladders out with him... See no anticipation!

Big Grin