Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predicition
As this Brexit thing completely unravels and it becomes a complete farce, two things will happen:

1) Brexiteers will blame it all on so-called remoaners;

2) Brexiteers will blame foreigners.

Note: This has already started in the Torygraph and the Daily Hate as can be seen by these two articles:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ament.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/...timetable/

Articles like this will be the new narrative. Furthermore, we will get xenophobic articles about foreign leaders and negotiators who at the moment we don't even know.
A serious academic wouldn't actually use those juvenile names for newspapers. Ask one when you meet one, they'll confirm I'm right.
(03-30-2017, 07:23 PM)Protheroe Wrote: A serious academic wouldn't actually use those juvenile names for newspapers. Ask one when you meet one, they'll confirm I'm right.

I bet he thinks James O'Brien is a sage as well. 

Here's my prediction: people like Logic will attribute every setback from now onwards to Brexit but positive outcomes to anything else but Brexit.
(03-30-2017, 07:23 PM)Protheroe Wrote: A serious academic wouldn't actually use those juvenile names for newspapers. Ask one when you meet one, they'll confirm I'm right.

That's it continue to play the man or set up a strawman. Give me an example of a serious academic who supports Brexit and I will find 10 superior academics who don't.
(03-30-2017, 07:53 PM)logic1 Wrote:

That's it continue to play the man or set up a strawman. Give me an example of a serious academic who supports Brexit and I will find 10 superior academics who don't.

The argument of a serious academic. Bravo.
(03-30-2017, 07:53 PM)logic1 Wrote:

In 1999 the Economist questioned 164 academic economists whether Britain should join the Euro. 65 percent said yes. They said Britain would not attract foreign investment, Britain would be excluded from the financial markets and the pound would be subject to attack.

So, the experts correctly predicted that then? 

And, (sorry for starting a sentence with a conjunction) how, exactly, do you measure the superiority of academics?
I don't think people who are the puppets of the populist right-wing media like to accept that their views are shaped for them with such ease.
(03-30-2017, 09:36 PM)Heath Wrote: I don't think people who are the puppets of the populist right-wing media like to accept that their views are shaped for them with such ease.

The only puppets around here are the ones that think more and bigger State is a solution to anything.
(03-31-2017, 06:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 09:36 PM)Heath Wrote: I don't think people who are the puppets of the populist right-wing media like to accept that their views are shaped for them with such ease.

The only puppets around here are the ones that think more and bigger State is a solution to anything.

I thought you liked puppets.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGeMYoIm4XkyS3IIyXd7j...GmFp16iDx0]