Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare and contrast
I'd like to complain about the blatant football references on the politics board.
(03-31-2017, 06:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 06:15 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:48 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:30 PM)Hi ODerek Hardballs Wrote: She can now show them intolerance and jingoism instead.  Every cloud and all that Wink
Like an illogical, sweeping intolerance of B.M.W. drivers?

Do you drive one?
No, felt obliged to trade it in for an OAP bus pass after your rant not long ago!

Do you harass the passengers in front of you by getting too close to them as they step on the bus, demanding they get out the way for you?
No but I do side with the majority of passengers who ask to get off when they realise the driver is not taking the bus where the destination board said it was supposed to be going!
(03-31-2017, 07:26 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 06:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 06:15 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:48 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Like an illogical, sweeping intolerance of B.M.W. drivers?

Do you drive one?
No, felt obliged to trade it in for an OAP bus pass after your rant not long ago!

Do you harass the passengers in front of you by getting too close to them as they step on the bus, demanding they get out the way for you?
No but I do side with the majority of passengers who ask to get off when they realise the driver is not taking the bus where the destination board said it was supposed to be going!

Don't bite. He's a WUM.
(03-31-2017, 05:30 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:06 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 06:53 PM)Hi Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:26 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: It wasn't anti-Brexit - he went to find out why a place like Ebbw Vale that has benefitted from significant EU investment would vote to leave the EU. I thought Clegg did well to keep a lid on his pro-EU feelings.

Oh sorry which bit isn't true? 
EU investment. 

Where does it get its money from? Thin air? Trees? 

Or would that be from the net contributions we (and a few others) have always made to it, year after year? Can we not fund projects Ebbw Vale directly, without a grasping, wasteful, corrupt organisation dipping its fingers in before it gives us a pittance back?

(03-30-2017, 05:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Erm the 90s and 00's generation have seen house prices soar, rents soar, social housing struggle to keep up with demand, lose job security, struggle to save, struggle to save for a pension and be the first generations in living memory worse off than their parents. 

The Baby Boom generation is the most selfish generation in living memory.

Of all the tosh you've come out with...

Oh sorry which bit isn't true?

The last bit. The millennials are way worse. Like the f***wit on Newsnight a few nights ago who wanted to stay in the EU for the very persuasive reason of 'showing her children teamwork'.

I wish I'd voted remain, now.

She can now show them intolerance and jingoism instead.  Every cloud and all that Wink

She can show them people intolerant of democracy who think their ill-informed view should prevail over the majority who vted. Not all remainers, some understand the issues massively. 

I mean people like you.
(03-31-2017, 12:50 PM)Protheroe Wrote: [quote pid='90366' dateline='1490961364']
 if I were living in the valleys, I wouldn't be expecting my lot to improve anytime soon.

Maybe not. In which case you'd probably do something about it. I doubt you'd be tapping your watch waiting for the government or EU.

[/quote]

My guess most of the youngsters in the video will do something about it - most likely leave Ebbw Vale, which isn't going to help Ebbw Vale much.
(04-03-2017, 09:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: My guess most of the youngsters in the video will do something about it - most likely leave Ebbw Vale, which isn't going to help Ebbw Vale much.

No, but then some areas have no economic reason to exist. Regional Policy can only do so much (sustainably) and often leads to crass insults like The Public, built in the West Midlands areas of peak deprivation. I wonder whose bright idea it was that an Arts Centre could assist in alleviating grinding poverty?
(04-03-2017, 10:11 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 09:48 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: My guess most of the youngsters in the video will do something about it - most likely leave Ebbw Vale, which isn't going to help Ebbw Vale much.

No, but then some areas have no economic reason to exist. Regional Policy can only do so much (sustainably) and often leads to crass insults like The Public, built in the West Midlands areas of peak deprivation. I wonder whose bright idea it was that an Arts Centre could assist in alleviating grinding poverty?

Pushed-ahead by people who were TOLD this wasn't wanted and would fail. At a time when the borough's major town didn't even have a leisure centre, in a town where health problems are manifold.

Did any of the councillors lose their seats? 

It was grossly negligent how they behaved. Appalling.