Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare and contrast
I found that video interesting. I too couldn't fathom why Wales voted 'Leave'. I once visited a friend in the valleys who lived in a village near Neath. I can honestly say that I have never ever seen such a rundown area as that in Britain. It may well have improved since then but seeing the state of Ebbw Vale in that clip, I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't. Indeed, I heard a chap from Bridgend on the radio complaining how all the money in Wales gets spent on Cardiff Bay. I'm not convinced that Wales is going to benefit from Brexit, tbh, particularly under a Tory government.

Their complaint about immigration there made me arf too. I heard the same from some people here in WS7. Quite ridiculous. Despite being located so close to the West Mids, even now, seeing a black or brown face in the town is still a bit of a novelty. Eastern Europeans are also an insignificant minority.
(03-30-2017, 08:28 AM)logic1 Wrote: the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the

Dear oh dear,I think that the extremists on both sides of the argument have uttered puerile twaddle, ranging
from how they might spend the bounty from leaving the EU, to business heading across the channel deserting
the UK in a move resembling the wildebeest migration of the Serengeti

All that has happened so far is that we have sent a bloody letter, already views and guesses have become points
of fact, the same old faces of both sides of the debate are filling the pages with wise and wonderful words. For the
record, the best welder that we have in our works here has no intention to returning to Lithuania, and has not
been beaten up, abused or made to feel unwanted.

How about showing a little respect to those who might believe different to the way you do, I can accept all views
and these will be judged by events yet to take shape let alone take place, but your words smack of a poor loser who
just can't accept the fact that others had the audacity to put a mark in a different box to you.
(03-30-2017, 02:40 PM)Beano16 Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:28 AM)logic1 Wrote: the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the

Dear oh dear,I think that the extremists on both sides of the argument have uttered puerile twaddle, ranging
from how they might spend the bounty from leaving the EU, to business heading across the channel deserting
the UK in a move resembling the wildebeest migration of the Serengeti

All that has happened so far is that we have sent a bloody letter, already views and guesses have become points
of fact, the same old faces of both sides of the debate are filling the pages with wise and wonderful words. For the
record, the best welder that we have in our works here has no intention to returning to Lithuania, and has not
been beaten up, abused or made to feel unwanted.

How about showing a little respect to those who might believe different to the way you do, I can accept all views
and these will be judged by events yet to take shape let alone take place, but your words smack of a poor loser who
just can't accept the fact that others had the audacity to put a mark in a different box to you.

It's probably the only box he's left his mark in too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04yb740

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the peace.

"Brexiteers have let Germany win the peace." What a ridicules, meaningless statement! Even if it was not a moronic utterance I think it simply wrong. Germany had already "won the peace". The E.U already dances to Germany's tune. What Deutschland says goes. Me thinks if the U.K had that much sway over what went on over fifty percent of Brits would not have voted out.
Britain went to war to defeat Nazism and totalitarianism, which we did, not to subjugate the German people. I can't believe the highly educated, supremely intelligent, barley out of nappies, we know better the you, quasi communist lefties would want us to be lording it over the German people al la Imperialism. So winning the war is an irrelevant argument. 
The Marshall Plan can be cited as being a great help in Germany gaining a dominant position industrially ; that and the fact Germany adopted a more Laissez-Faire attitude to trade and kept loaning the central pot from the Plan to businesses at low rates rather than swallowing it up on one off infrastructure schemes. Also bear in mind Germany had to invest in new tooling following the war whilst British industry struggled on with outdated technology. That was the was winning generation's fault not the Boomers.
It's a stretch to blame the the state of Britain's finances on 'Baby Boomers' other than for the fact they are the parents of the 20 and 30 somethings, those, I'm alright Jack, scruple-less, highly educated, young, greed merchants of the nineties and noughties who really sent the country belly up. (Oh, I do have to admit there was one 'Boomer' greatly to blame... Tunna Blair). As an old, decrepit, working class thick git (only two degrees) I will accept that we were too permissive in allowing young, barley out the scrotum, self opinionated anti democratic t*ts to think their views are the only ones to have any credence. Sorry for the composition of this little diatribe but it's the best a product of a factory fodder producing Secondary Modern school can scribble with his crayon.

Oh, and what a shocker, Clegg and B.B.C. in anti Brexit article.
(03-30-2017, 04:03 PM)John Osbournes Kn uckle Wrote: Oh, and what a shocker, Clegg and B.B.C. in anti Brexit article.

It wasn't anti-Brexit - he went to find out why a place like Ebbw Vale that has benefitted from significant EU investment would vote to leave the EU. I thought Clegg did well to keep a lid on his pro-EU feelings.
That "Significant EU investment" you mention, is UK taxpayers money given back to us with strings. There is no such thing as "EU Investment" in the UK.

Whereas that 500 million Euro loan given by the EU to Turkey (a non EU State) to help relocate Ford's Transit production from Southampton could be classed as "Significant EU investment"

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the peace.

Hmm. for someone calling other people 'uneducated morons', this post brings to mind the old 'glass houses' adage, chap.

(03-30-2017, 08:47 AM)logic1 Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:38 AM)Strawman Wrote:

Illusory superiority is a cognitive bias whereby individuals overestimate their own qualities and abilities, relative to others

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. As is often the case, because you are not intelligent enough to offer a critique, you play the man. Which I guess is why you are a strawman.

Says someone so idiotic he doesn't realise that his OP did exactly that, thereby opening that can of worms.

Are you a parody?
(03-30-2017, 04:03 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:

"Brexiteers have let Germany win the peace." What a ridicules, meaningless statement! Even if it was not a moronic utterance I think it simply wrong. Germany had already "won the peace". The E.U already dances to Germany's tune. What Deutschland says goes. Me thinks if the U.K had that much sway over what went on over fifty percent of Brits would not have voted out.
Britain went to war to defeat Nazism and totalitarianism, which we did, not to subjugate the German people. I can't believe the highly educated, supremely intelligent, barley out of nappies, we know better the you, quasi communist lefties would want us to be lording it over the German people al la Imperialism. So winning the war is an irrelevant argument. 
The Marshall Plan can be cited as being a great help in Germany gaining a dominant position industrially ; that and the fact Germany adopted a more Laissez-Faire attitude to trade and kept loaning the central pot from the Plan to businesses at low rates rather than swallowing it up on one off infrastructure schemes. Also bear in mind Germany had to invest in new tooling following the war whilst British industry struggled on with outdated technology. That was the was winning generation's fault not the Boomers.
It's a stretch to blame the the state of Britain's finances on 'Baby Boomers' other than for the fact they are the parents of the 20 and 30 somethings, those, I'm alright Jack, scruple-less, highly educated, young, greed merchants of the nineties and noughties who really sent the country belly up. (Oh, I do have to admit there was one 'Boomer' greatly to blame... Tunna Blair). As an old, decrepit, working class thick git (only two degrees) I will accept that we were too permissive in allowing young, barley out the scrotum, self opinionated anti democratic t*ts to think their views are the only ones to have any credence. Sorry for the composition of this little diatribe but it's the best a product of a factory fodder producing Secondary Modern school can scribble with his crayon.

Erm the 90s and 00's generation have seen house prices soar, rents soar, social housing struggle to keep up with demand, lose job security, struggle to save, struggle to save for a pension and be the first generations in living memory worse off than their parents. 

The Baby Boom generation is the most selfish generation in living memory.
(03-30-2017, 04:26 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:03 PM)John Osbournes Kn uckle Wrote: Oh, and what a shocker, Clegg and B.B.C. in anti Brexit article.

It wasn't anti-Brexit - he went to find out why a place like Ebbw Vale that has benefitted from significant EU investment would vote to leave the EU. I thought Clegg did well to keep a lid on his pro-EU feelings.

EU investment. 

Where does it get its money from? Thin air? Trees? 

Or would that be from the net contributions we (and a few others) have always made to it, year after year? Can we not fund projects Ebbw Vale directly, without a grasping, wasteful, corrupt organisation dipping its fingers in before it gives us a pittance back?

(03-30-2017, 05:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 04:03 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:

Erm the 90s and 00's generation have seen house prices soar, rents soar, social housing struggle to keep up with demand, lose job security, struggle to save, struggle to save for a pension and be the first generations in living memory worse off than their parents. 

The Baby Boom generation is the most selfish generation in living memory.

Of all the tosh you've come out with...
(03-30-2017, 05:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The Baby Boom generation is the most selfish generation in living memory.

That maybe so, but they're not half as grasping as the entitled Millennials.