Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compare and contrast
the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04yb740

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the peace.
(03-30-2017, 08:28 AM)logic1 Wrote: the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:

To you brexiteers, hang your heads in shame. Thanks for ensuring that the people who fought and died for this country let Germany win the peace.

Illusory superiority is a cognitive bias whereby individuals overestimate their own qualities and abilities, relative to others
You've got to love the baby boom generation, they bankrupt their children's and grand children's future and then long to do it all again. Has there ever been a more selfish generation?
(03-30-2017, 08:38 AM)Strawman Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 08:28 AM)logic1 Wrote: the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:

Illusory superiority is a cognitive bias whereby individuals overestimate their own qualities and abilities, relative to others

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. As is often the case, because you are not intelligent enough to offer a critique, you play the man. Which I guess is why you are a strawman.
(03-30-2017, 08:47 AM)logic1 Wrote:

Thanks for those pearls of wisdom. As is often the case, because you are not intelligent enough to offer a critique, you play the man. Which I guess is why you are a strawman.

Oohh I'm hurt now - So here is the critique of your original post - not the balderdash that proven liars like Clegg and Heseltine spout.

You generalise that 'the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:'.
Both remain and leave had voters across all ages, creeds, races, educational abilities, yet you immediately generalise and compartmentalise. You may be educated but  intelligence is in doubt because generalisation is not the action of an intelligent person.

Don't bother replying I really don't wish to continue with your boring whine.
Thank fuck the phony war is over.  The next two years are going to be tasty.
(03-30-2017, 09:01 AM)Strawman Wrote:

Oohh I'm hurt now - So here is the critique of your original post - not the balderdash that proven liars like Clegg and Heseltine spout.

You generalise that 'the elderly deluded and uneducated morons with the young intelligent future of this country:'.
Both remain and leave had voters across all ages, creeds, races, educational abilities, yet you immediately generalise and compartmentalise. You may be educated but  intelligence is in doubt because generalisation is not the action of an intelligent person.

Except the study of voting patterns pointed clearly to geographical, educational and generational differences that suggested that the older, less educated and more northern areas of the country voted to leave. It's not an easy thing to admit if you're a bright vote Brexiteer but unless the study is wrong that is the uncomfortable truth. 

Time will tell if we were right to leave but I suspect that argument will blurred along the way with many a goalpost moved depending upon circumstance of the governing power and the mood of the majority.

I'm just casting my mind back as to the issues you had in progressing negotiations with a tradesman and chuckling to myself.
(03-30-2017, 09:17 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 09:01 AM)Strawman Wrote:

Except the study of voting patterns pointed clearly to geographical, educational and generational differences that suggested that the older, less educated and more northern areas of the country voted to leave. It's not an easy thing to admit if you're a bright vote Brexiteer but unless the study is wrong that is the uncomfortable truth. 

Time will tell if we were right to leave but I suspect that argument will blurred along the way with many a goalpost moved depending upon circumstance of the governing power and the mood of the majority.

^ This

To be honest I'm bored with the whole thing now. I think the sensible thing for us, well me anyway, is to shut the fug up about it, stop fighting old battles and putting forward points that are obviously biased to whichever side you claim is in the right, and see what actually happens.

For what it's worth I voted leave but I can see the other point of view, especially for those that have known nothing other than being in the EU. 
And lets not forget that all these 'uneducated old people' are the people that mainly voted for us to stay in the EEC in the first place - were they uneducated then or has experience and time changed their minds.

The old saying 'If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain' has some truth to it, people change their opinions all the time.

And that is my last word on the EU - pinky promise  Big Grin
Pathetic