Newly promoted teams in the prem
Already loving Gammon's reaction.

The difference is they aren't a big club in The Prem, and nobody gives a fuck.

The midfield may be good, certainly better than Chump standard, but once confidence drops and the fickle fuckers start having a go, they will soon start hoofing it. Hope they lose on Friday, it should all start to kick off then.
McGinn looks like he belongs in the Prem, although only played 2 games.
Carry on like this and he won’t be at Villa next season.
McGinn was a cracking purchase, within our price range too, at the time.

I'm surprised (but pleased) they didn't try to sign Gayle on a permanent. He'd have been cheap for them considering the money spent elsewhere. He might not score as many as in the Championship, but he'd get you goals.
(08-18-2019, 04:11 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 03:45 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 03:41 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Sheff spent around £40m Peachy

Norwich are still playing Naismith and other mistakes were made last time they were in Prem. Webber and co priotised retaining existing staff and adding a fee. Plus I’ve heard money will be spent on updating training ground and stadium.

As for Villa, I actually think they look decent. Douglas Silva - Grealish - McGinn. What a midfield trio. Problem is they have no punch up front. Wesley is a poor mans Rondon

Like us under Mowbray,overly tippy tappy midfield, a defence better with the ball than winning it and no cutting edge. They'll struggle.

+1

Quite how they spent £150m and have Wesley, Kodija and Davies as their only strikers I’ve no idea.

Their midfield trio will compete well, and they’ll have plenty of possession but it looks like both boxes will be their downfall. Can see quite a lot of managers praising them after games whilst walking off with the points.

This could easily be their downfall.
(08-19-2019, 09:41 AM)Squid Wrote: McGinn was a cracking purchase, within our price range too, at the time.

I'm surprised (but pleased) they didn't try to sign Gayle on a permanent. He'd have been cheap for them considering the money spent elsewhere. He might not score as many as in the Championship, but he'd get you goals.

McGinn was definitely a missed opportunity, but our scouting system was such a mess last summer I doubt we knew there was even a league in Scotland.

Villa’s whole strategy this summer has been to sign younger players on manageable wages should they go down, knowing that Grealish/McGinn could easily be sold... Gayle just doesn’t fit into that philosophy, though I agree he’d have been a good signing for them. Some of the chances Grealish created at the weekend would have been put away by DG.
(08-19-2019, 09:44 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 09:41 AM)Squid Wrote: McGinn was a cracking purchase, within our price range too, at the time.

McGinn was definitely a missed opportunity, but our scouting system was such a mess last summer I doubt we knew there was even a league in Scotland.

Villa’s whole strategy this summer has been to sign younger players on manageable wages should they go down, knowing that Grealish/McGinn could easily be sold... Gayle just doesn’t fit into that philosophy, though I agree he’d have been a good signing for them. Some of the chances Grealish created at the weekend would have been put away by anyone with a decent haircut.

Edited for you