To be an Albion legend
(08-17-2019, 08:59 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: On his day Barnes was unplayable.

Unfortunately following his house being burgled in Stourbridge his form became erratic and off he went. He's a good bloke, know him reasonably well. Sad to see his dad's name dragged through the mud.
Sorry, can you explain? I presume you’re on about Ken Barnes? What’s the allegation?
(08-17-2019, 09:14 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Unfortunately following his house being burgled in Stourbridge his form became erratic and off he went. He's a good bloke, know him reasonably well. Sad to see his dad's name dragged through the mud.
Sorry, can you explain? I presume you’re on about Ken Barnes? What’s the allegation?

During the Barry Bennell case. Ken was at Man City at the same time. His name hit the Sky News ticker despite him not having done anything wrong, nor being alive to answer questions about who knew anything about what went on there during the time Bennell was there.

In a nutshell, the amount of times his name was used in various media at the time was way out of line. OTT.
(08-16-2019, 06:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 04:27 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Legend can be used for more then one category - Foster IMO has been one of our greatest keepers, but hasn't been mentioned.
Also J Rod's accidental handball against the seals was "Legendary" that will live with me forever.
Other Legends make the Legend status although they played elsewhere, Laurie, Robbo, Regis, Super Bob.
Johnny Giles was probably a legend before he even came to the shrine.
It's subjective of course and that's what make this bored different.
Apologies, a pure oversight with Foster- best keeper ever, played a vital role in the best modern era. A total legend.

For me, Foster loses any status due to the way he left. Besides, he's no Godden.

When I played footy with my cousin, I was always Barnes, he was always Owen... Sadly, neither of us got to see Barnes in our colours.