One for the statto's...
I believe the last time we lost a League Cup game in the 1st Round was 21 years ago vs Brentford?
(08-13-2019, 09:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: I believe the last time we lost a League Cup game in the 1st Round was 21 years ago vs Brentford?

Blimey. Well i suppose if the manager has learnt a load about the players he chose tonight, and it helps us have a good season, early losses don't mean so much, just disappointing at the time. Sad
(08-13-2019, 09:14 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 09:02 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: I believe the last time we lost a League Cup game in the 1st Round was 21 years ago vs Brentford?

Blimey. Well i suppose if the manager has learnt a load about the players he chose tonight, and it helps us have a good season, early losses don't mean so much, just disappointing at the time. Sad

Watch it, the pant welters will be onto you.
Tonight was about game time for a load of strangers but some will make a crisis of nothing.
This is going to take a while as it’s the biggest rebuild for many years. Some won’t accept that though as they have turned into the modern squealing fan who thinks it all about now.
The way I see tonight is that we've got Bilic's first proper loss out of the way, in the least damaging way possible. Some of the newbs got a run for a bit, and Bilic got to see some of those on the periphery. All in all it doesn't really matter, but it's annoying for those hardy souls who stumped up time, money and effort to attend.

I saw the result and largely shrugged.

Think you are right. We have had a few RD 2 exits after a bye in the first of course 

Colchester the one before Brentford
(08-13-2019, 09:30 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Think you are right. We have had a few RD 2 exits after a bye in the first of course 

We lost to Hartlepool as I recall 10 years ago under RDM the season we were promoted. That was in our first League cup game but was in the 2nd Round after a bye in the 1st. Our last 1st Round defeat 21 years ago vs Brentford. Lost over 2 legs after winning the 1st leg at home.

That was the one I was thinking of.

Didn’t Slusarski make probably his only appearance for us that night?

Think Craig fagan who scored for Colchester end up as a boxer or something too.
(08-14-2019, 09:20 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Think Craig fagan  who scored for Colchester end up as a boxer or something too.

That’s a different exit to Colchester mon. That was under Meggo in 04/05 and a 2nd RD tie. Fagan scored against us in the PL too for Hull

The 1st Rd Colchester defeat was around 96/97 under Bucko. After a good win away we got pissed on 3-1 at home. Future Baggie Kinsella ran the game
(08-14-2019, 09:41 AM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 09:20 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Think Craig fagan  who scored for Colchester end up as a boxer or something too.

That’s a different exit to Colchester mon. That was under Meggo in 04/05 and a 2nd RD tie. Fagan scored against us in the PL too for Hull

The 1st Rd Colchester defeat was around 96/97 under Bucko. After a good win away we got pissed on 3-1 at home. Future Baggie Kinsella ran the game

Layer Road not a happy hunting ground for us.

I think the Slusarski one was when they beat us away under the Gnurker! Think it was the year they went down with a near geriatric Sherringham leading the line up top.
(08-13-2019, 09:29 PM)MassDebater Wrote: The way I see tonight is that we've got Bilic's first proper loss out of the way, in the least damaging way possible. Some of the newbs got a run for a bit, and Bilic got to see some of those on the periphery. All in all it doesn't really matter, but it's annoying for those hardy souls who stumped up time, money and effort to attend.

I saw the result and largely shrugged.

That's how I see it. Credit to those who went, but I genuinely can't remember the last league Cup game I went to. I hate to say it, but I'm relieved it is out of the way. As someone else said, file under pre season friendly.