Big Rom
Thumbs Down 
Looks like he’s off to Inter for £77m. He didn’t do badly at United but never seemed to click up there.
(08-07-2019, 07:42 PM)Duffers Wrote: Looks like he’s off to Inter for £77m. He didn’t do badly at United but never seemed to click up there.

He'll always be welcome here Smile

I did read that he was going to be on about £350k per week (on a measly £200k at United apparently), makes Gayle look non league!
He'll be shite in Italy.
No pace is an advantage to their slow(er) general play in Serie A, but he can't hold a ball up for toffee. Everything bounces off him.
Love him to come to us. But sadly it'll never happen. Sad
(08-07-2019, 08:19 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: He'll be shite in Italy.
No pace is an advantage to their slow(er) general play in Serie A, but he can't hold a ball up for toffee. Everything bounces off him.

It is a bizarre move for him - he’s strong, works hard, can finish, and quicker than you’d expect, but technically and tactically he’s not the best, and playing with his back to goal isn’t his strength... he’s an intelligent lad and a good egg, so I’m sure he’ll get his head down and improve under a manager that values him but you’d think the PL is a better fit.
I maintain he's never been a better player than when he was at the Albion, I may be biased slightly but he had the perfect balance of strength/speed/skill at that time.
(08-07-2019, 08:32 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: I maintain he's never been a better player than when he was at the Albion, I may be biased slightly but he had the perfect balance of strength/speed/skill at that time.

Best spell was probably his first season at Everton tbf. He was an impact sub for us a lot of the first  part of the season 

Great goal to min ratio for us mind
(08-07-2019, 08:40 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 08:32 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: I maintain he's never been a better player than when he was at the Albion, I may be biased slightly but he had the perfect balance of strength/speed/skill at that time.

Best spell was probably his first season at Everton tbf. He was an impact sub for us a lot of the first  part of the season 

Great goal to min ratio for us mind

+1

He was a better player at Everton.

For all Bobby Martinez’s flaws, he knows how to get the best out of Rom (and Chads Wink).
(08-07-2019, 08:19 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: He'll be shite in Italy.

Disagree. He’ll score a bucket load for Inter. Hopefully with Conte and Rom they can start trying to catch up with Juve again.
Confirmed that he’s gone to Inter.

Looks like United are having their own Earnsahw/Horse moment. I could be wrong but I think Rashfordnis their only actual striker apart from a few kids.
Martial?
In the form of his life.