Competition for Strikers
(08-04-2019, 06:06 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: ULooks like Leeds, Bristol City and Brentford are all going to be in the market for strikers this week, with cash to throw at their targets.

Hoping that we have a Plan B and a Plan C...

No reason to believe we won't have similar amounts of cash is there ?

(08-04-2019, 07:07 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 06:06 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: ULooks like Leeds, Bristol City and Brentford are all going to be in the market for strikers this week, with cash to throw at their targets.

Plan B HRK

Plan C. Burke.

Behave !!!!!
(08-04-2019, 07:09 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Correct.

Bilics post match interview alluded to being told their was cash available.
(08-04-2019, 07:07 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:

Plan B HRK

Plan C. Burke.

You forgot Plan D: Carroll
(08-04-2019, 07:11 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Correct.

Well we know that there SHOULD be decent amount in the pot but just depends if we back the manager and are serious about promotion or will penny pinch our way to mid table obscurity.
(08-04-2019, 07:14 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Correct.

Well we know that there SHOULD be decent amount in the pot but just depends if we back the manager and are serious about promotion or will penny pinch our way to mid table obscurity.

Everything we have done this summer so far suggests we’re not penny pinching.

The club has a budget which it seems happy to spend... if we weren’t we wouldnt have brought in Bilic, and we would have tried far harder to sell Hegazi, Gibbs and Phillips whilst they still have a value.

I’m sure we will bring in bodies in the next few days, the club seem relatively confident we will get the lads we want. Let’s just wait and see.
I’d have thought one of us will try to loan Oumar Niasse from Everton, sticking point could be his £55k per week wages though.
We all know the club won’t push outside of its boundaries. However there should be enough in there to make that boundary quite a big one. What it really depends on is how much the other clubs want to push beyond their means. Albion are an attractive proposition to join. Charismatic manager, likely to be challenging with recent Premiership history.

I’m convinced we will sign a decent striker. Would love it to be Gayle or Maupay but can’t see this now. Think Vydra is more than likely however Leeds May have something to say about that. That leaves the Swiss guy who I would be more than happy with too. Unless as is more than possible they have somebody else up their sleeve.

I fully trust the board will deliver. They know they have been outed now by Bilic and to be honest they have backed previous managers well. It is those managers who have failed to deliver.
(08-04-2019, 07:56 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:14 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Correct.

Everything we have done this summer so far suggests we’re not penny pinching.

The club has a budget which it seems happy to spend... if we weren’t we wouldnt have brought in Bilic, and we would have tried far harder to sell Hegazi, Gibbs and Phillips whilst they still have a value.

I’m sure we will bring in bodies in the next few days, the club seem relatively confident we will get the lads we want. Let’s just wait and see.

Exactly, would we really have brought Bilic in if we were penny pinching? I’m willing to bet that he’s one of the best paid managers in the league and he would have demanded assurances around transfer budgets and backing. The penny perching approach would have been to appoint Shan. Similarly we’ve signed 5 players so far this window with more to come, again no evidence of penny pinching whatsoever.

I honestly think some posters are desperate to see this “penny pinching” so that they can say they told us so and justify their long held prejudices against those in charge. EMB has beeen banging on about penny pinching since the days of Peace, it’s almost as if he’s stuck in one mindset and can’t see anything past it, regardless of reality.
(08-04-2019, 07:58 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I’d have thought one of us will try to loan Oumar Niasse from Everton, sticking point could be his £55k per week wages though.

Good shout but I hope it’s not us. Too erratic for my liking. 

Nixon tweeted earlier we are still in the running for his Senegal strike partner Konate. Seems to have a better track record, particularly at int level & would come hungrier to make his mark in English football.
(08-04-2019, 08:20 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 07:58 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I’d have thought one of us will try to loan Oumar Niasse from Everton, sticking point could be his £55k per week wages though.

Good shout but I hope it’s not us. Too erratic for my liking. 

Nixon tweeted earlier we are still in the running for his Senegal strike partner Konate. Seems to have a better track record, particularly at int level & would come hungrier to make his mark in English football.

My suspicion is that Konate is the back up in case Ajeti doesn’t happen.