Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Union
(03-01-2017, 08:17 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: A brief snippet from the Tory manifesto.

"England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland – ours is the greatest union of nations the world has ever seen. Together we have done so much, and we can do much more. The Conservative Party is the party of the Union – and we will always do our utmost to keep our family of nations together."

Really?

Except call a referendum and lose it of course!
Indeed. Perhaps they should bear it in mind as well as the "will of the people" during the upcoming negotiations with the EU.

I think I'll change the title for this thread.
[Image: 6067255.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=mc1]
Comment on BBC site mad I laff

"NI politics continues its never ending pantomime.

When you think about it we have reached a whole new level of stupidity. So we have:

1) A variety of Unionist parties who want to remain united with England, Scotland and Wales, where the vast majority don't want anything to do with them.

2) Nationalist parties who want to join a Republic that wants nothing to do with them.

Brilliant !"
Arf.
(03-08-2017, 09:09 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Arf.

I know. "Always do our utmost to keep our family of nations together," titter.
The union looking shakier by the day. Well done Dave
It's not just Dave's fault though is it? 17,410,742 people chose this path.
(03-13-2017, 11:35 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: It's not just Dave's fault though is it? 17,410,742 people chose this path.

Correct ....Proth will be along in the minute telling us everything will be fine and he's never been happier
(03-14-2017, 09:32 AM)Bratislava Baggie Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 11:35 PM)Zoltanger Wrote: It's not just Dave's fault though is it? 17,410,742 people chose this path.

Correct ....Proth will be along in the minute telling us everything will be fine and he's never been happier

It's one of his uncomfortable truths.