Sam Field
Strange he didn't even make the squad today. Interesting to note that he wasn't name-checked by Slavan in the post match interview either, when he was listing all the young talent. Clearly behind Livermore, Sawyers and possibly Brunt in the deep lying midfielder role. Also, there's the potential of Semi moving in to that role as well.  Is he just not rated?  Megan has really been the only one who seemed to genuinely believe in him. It's a shame really, but perhaps time to move him on. Don't think it's going to do him any good languishing in the reserves.
I just put it down to Slav wanting cover in all positions on the bench. Today that left room for only one centre mid, of which Bilic seems to rate Harper higher. I think Field will get his chance this season but if not I hope he gets a loan move.
Quite frankly he's not athletic enough at the top level. Never has been in my book, never really rated him and you only have to look at Edwards Sawyer tulloch to understand why
(08-04-2019, 12:07 AM)billybassett Wrote: Quite frankly he's not athletic enough at the top level. Never has been in my book, never really rated him and you only have to look at Edwards Sawyer tulloch to understand why

He's a different type of player to them though. I think he will have a role to play one day but he may struggle to get a chance while Livermore is still around, IMO.
Get him out on loan to a league one side. He needs games, just put a January recall on him. We have plenty of cover in that positions. Sawyers, Livermore, Harper and Brunt is enough
(08-04-2019, 05:52 AM)aj21 Wrote: Get him out on loan to a league one side. He needs games, just put a January recall on him. We have plenty of cover in that positions. Sawyers, Livermore, Harper and Brunt is enough

I love Field but I do agree now he needs to go out on loan. Especially the age he is.
Think he needs a year or 6 months playing every week at league one level - will benefit him in the long term whether he stays with us or not. Being 4th / 5th choice in CM this season isn’t going to benefit him
Wouldn't read too much in to him missing out yesterday. Bilić has proved with Ferguson, Edwards & Harper if you have the talent and you put the work in, you get a chance. If he stays here at end of the window & we don't see him in the squad by end of September you know something is wrong and he just ain't doing it in training.

Personally think a year loan spell is what he needed about 2 years ago. Hopefully not missed the boat, if he has though he may need yo go down the Sawyers route to ever get back into the 1st team
(08-04-2019, 12:00 AM)Sliced Wrote: I just put it down to Slav wanting cover in all positions on the bench. Today that left room for only one centre mid, of which Bilic seems to rate Harper higher. I think Field will get his chance this season but if not I hope he gets a loan move.

Would make sense but we had Townsend, O,Shea and Furlong on the bench.....half outfield subs were defenders
(08-04-2019, 07:21 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote: Wouldn't read too much in to him missing out yesterday. Bilić has proved with Ferguson, Edwards & Harper if you have the talent and you put the work in, you get a chance. If he stays here at end of the window & we don't see him in the squad by end of September you know something is wrong and he just ain't doing it in training.

Personally think a year loan spell is what he needed about 2 years ago. Hopefully not missed the boat, if he has though he may need yo go down the Sawyers route to ever get back into the 1st team

I think League One would be below Field... he can play at this level, he’s always been more than adequate when used... if he was to go out on loan there would definitely be Champ clubs interested, and it would do his confidence the world of good.

After seeing Livermore chase shadows for the last 30’mins yesterday even Field can’t be less athletic!