Jones Article
I'm 99.9% sure had Moore gone for Shan as assistant we'd be getting ready for the Premiership now.

However, can't paint Jones as a bad guy here, he did what he was tasked to do by Moore. He wasn't a McDonut, just a guy doing the job he was asked, change our playing style and use experience to offset Moore's lack thereof.

After the way we finished with Shan, I wonder how much of an effect he had in those few last prem games too, maybe he deserves a lot of credit for that too.

I don't care how he gets on at Luton, means fuck all to me, we've moved on now.
(08-02-2019, 05:07 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm 99.9% sure had Moore gone for Shan as assistant we'd be getting ready for the Premiership now.

However, can't paint Jones as a bad guy here, he did what he was tasked to do by Moore. He wasn't a McDonut, just a guy doing the job he was asked, change our playing style and use experience to offset Moore's lack thereof.

After the way we finished with Shan, I wonder how much of an effect he had in those few last prem games too, maybe he deserves a lot of credit for that too.

Jones was doing what he thought was best you think but I don't think you can deny the bloke is pig headed, ignorant and comes across as somewhat arrogant. 

He'll get pelters from our fans this season either way.
(08-02-2019, 05:07 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm 99.9% sure had Moore gone for Shan as assistant we'd be getting ready for the Premiership now.

Agree.

I don’t think Jones comes across as a bad guy in that article, just maybe a little deluded... there’s clearly a good coach in him, and maybe a season as a number 1 will teach him to be a little more pragmatic.

Moore deserves 100% of the blame as he’s the man who ultimately let Jones have so much influence and felt that his style was the best to win games with the players he had available.

Both Moore and Jones will surely have learned from their time with us, it’s just a shame that that lesson was so costly for our club and Moore, whereas Jones has come out of it pretty well.