Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Express!
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/764595/...it-Britain

Comments section not available for some reason.
They could always try paying proper wages...
And everyone paying for the higher wages at the supermarket...
Yep
The average Express/Mail reader's gonna love it.
(02-08-2017, 03:32 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: They could always try paying proper wages...

Perhaps those down trodden non-working class heroes MDP keeps talking about who have been so cruelly let down by themselves sorry the state could go and get one of those jobs?
If unemployment is so high why do we need migrant labour on farms? And I ask that as someone who doesn't give a shit about our borders etc.
Unemployment isn't high at all Birdy. It's barely above frictional level. We need immigration as much as ever if we want to continue paying piss poor wages subsidised by tax credits to Eastern Europeans. I'm with Malcolm Tucker - pay a fair rate, and we pick it up in the supermarkets. Food is as ridiculously cheap in this country as agricultural wages are ridiculously low.
(02-08-2017, 06:36 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I'm with Malcolm Tucker - pay a fair rate, and we pick it up in the supermarkets. Food is as ridiculously cheap in this country as agricultural wages are ridiculously low.

This was one of the key reasons for my voting to leave. I know it may seem a bit 'they tik er jerbs' but it's just basic economics
(02-08-2017, 06:36 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Unemployment isn't high at all Birdy. It's barely above frictional level. We need immigration as much as ever if we want to continue paying piss poor wages subsidised by tax credits to Eastern Europeans. I'm with Malcolm Tucker - pay a fair rate, and we pick it up in the supermarkets. Food is as ridiculously cheap in this country as agricultural wages are ridiculously low.

I suggest you take a trip down to Evesham, well Offenham to be precise and see what these Eastern Europeans actually do for their 'piss poor wage' I guarantee nobody off this board (myself included) would do their job for 40K a year.

And to add to my point, why would I as an employer employ and British man or woman? Eastern Europeans are far more reliable and cheaper. In business that makes a lot of sense, not paying Joe Bloggs who's unreliable and costs 1 1/2 times as much.