A bit of balance from Matt Wilson
(07-16-2019, 07:35 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:20 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I don't see myself as a pant wetter or a happy clapper more a realist somewhere in the middle, Albion have been like this for over 40 odd years it's nothing new, we have some  good times then back to bad times and fwiw if feel we are about to enter another period of prolonged bad times, how long it will last is anyone's guess but that's what it's like to be an Albion fan and until someone comes in who is prepared to invest obscene amounts of money get used to it as it will always be so for us, so get up the shrine and support as loudly as you can that's all we can do as fans to try and give us an edge.

Oh I'll be there as ever, fella. I've been at all our highs and lows for 50 years.  Aiming at a few aways too. But I'd like to see a thumbnail sketch of Championship accounts summaries. Simply, who is asset rich and who is skint? I'd be willing to bet Albion are nowhere near as skint as they'd have us believe.

I don't believe you have a chance of seeing any A/C summaries and even if you did how many costs would be missing, or hidden?
If all the financial experts couldn't identify a £4 million black hole for 5 years I don't see how us mere mortals have a chance reviewing a summary and making any sense of them IMO.

That £4m could have bought 20 £30m players Smile
(07-16-2019, 08:23 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:35 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:20 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I don't see myself as a pant wetter or a happy clapper more a realist somewhere in the middle, Albion have been like this for over 40 odd years it's nothing new, we have some  good times then back to bad times and fwiw if feel we are about to enter another period of prolonged bad times, how long it will last is anyone's guess but that's what it's like to be an Albion fan and until someone comes in who is prepared to invest obscene amounts of money get used to it as it will always be so for us, so get up the shrine and support as loudly as you can that's all we can do as fans to try and give us an edge.

Oh I'll be there as ever, fella. I've been at all our highs and lows for 50 years.  Aiming at a few aways too. But I'd like to see a thumbnail sketch of Championship accounts summaries. Simply, who is asset rich and who is skint? I'd be willing to bet Albion are nowhere near as skint as they'd have us believe.

I don't believe you have a chance of seeing any A/C summaries and even if you did how many costs would be missing, or hidden?
If all the financial experts couldn't identify a £4 million black hole for 5 years I don't see how us mere mortals have a chance reviewing a summary and making any sense of them IMO.

That £4m could have bought 20 £30m players Smile

Thanks "Nick"  Big Grin
(07-16-2019, 06:04 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:48 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: while absent owner Guochuan Lai, who is both unable and unwilling to invest, remains in charge.

See I don't understand that line, if he knows and accepts that Lai is unable to invest, why follow it up with unwilling ?

Lai said he wouldn't invest his own money when he took over. He wanted us to remain self sustainable.

That's great in theory until it becomes unsustainable and then he's going to have to put his hand in his pocket or sell up as his 200m investment is down the pan.
Just a reminder 13 players have left since the end of the season & 1 has come in.

The season starts in 2 weeks

We haven’t replaced players who scored 70+ goals for us last season
(07-16-2019, 09:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 06:04 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:48 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: while absent owner Guochuan Lai, who is both unable and unwilling to invest, remains in charge.

See I don't understand that line, if he knows and accepts that Lai is unable to invest, why follow it up with unwilling ?

Lai said he wouldn't invest his own money when he took over. He wanted us to remain self sustainable.

That's great in theory until it becomes unsustainable and then he's going to have to put his hand in his pocket or sell up as his 200m investment is down the pan.
Well if he dont care about us i couldn't gives a shit about him losing all that money .
(07-17-2019, 06:36 AM)Loanee Wrote: Just a reminder 13 players have left since the end of the season & 1 has come in.

The season starts in 2 weeks

We haven’t replaced players who scored 70+ goals for us last season

And as far as I'm aware the transfer window closes 5pm 8th of August. So we need a player a day to replace what we had.

I can see Bilic leaving , I know the groundsman managed the toddlers under 3s last year and is waiting in the wings