A bit of balance from Matt Wilson
(07-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Excellent article puts a few things into perspective, I always find it hard to comprehend how many people on this site and various others seem to know what’s going on within the club, since Swain was appointed media liaison chappie its been much harder to glean any snippets of transfer news, which doesn’t fit the click baiters but it’s the sensible approach.
Social media is a pretty horrible thing and on all subjects brings out the worst in people. This site, although fun, has some right miserable opinions based often on not a fat lot.
I think if you refused to get too carried away on the conspiracy theories you get dubbed a happy clapper. To all outside our club the past decade hasn't been too bad for a club of our means in the modern era, but you'd think we were Aldershot the way some go on.
We are in a rebuild after some decent years 2010- 15 and whilst things aren't all roses, I'll keep my pants nice and dry until i see what is the case in a month or so. It's always been this way at Albion in the past decade or more, but some never learn this.
(07-16-2019, 05:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Excellent article puts a few things into perspective, I always find it hard to comprehend how many people on this site and various others seem to know what’s going on within the club, since Swain was appointed media liaison chappie its been much harder to glean any snippets of transfer news, which doesn’t fit the click baiters but it’s the sensible approach.
Social media is a pretty horrible thing and on all subjects brings out the worst in people. This site, although fun, has some right miserable opinions based often on not a fat lot.
I think if you refused to get too carried away on the conspiracy theories you get dubbed a happy clapper. To all outside our club the past decade hasn't been too bad for a club of our means in the modern era, but you'd think we were Aldershot the way some go on.
We are in a rebuild after some decent years 2010- 15 and whilst things aren't all roses, I'll keep my pants nice and dry until i see what is the case in a month or so. It's always been this way at Albion in the past decade or more, but some never learn this.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Happy clapper or nappy crapper.
while absent owner Guochuan Lai, who is both unable and unwilling to invest, remains in charge.

See I don't understand that line, if he knows and accepts that Lai is unable to invest, why follow it up with unwilling ?
(07-16-2019, 05:48 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: while absent owner Guochuan Lai, who is both unable and unwilling to invest, remains in charge.

See I don't understand that line, if he knows and accepts that Lai is unable to invest, why follow it up with unwilling ?

Lai said he wouldn't invest his own money when he took over. He wanted us to remain self sustainable.
(07-16-2019, 06:04 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 05:48 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: while absent owner Guochuan Lai, who is both unable and unwilling to invest, remains in charge.

Lai said he wouldn't invest his own money when he took over. He wanted us to remain self sustainable.
That sensible talk won't put tin foil hats on people's heads will it now?
Well other than a partial explanation for the separate entrances at the training ground, there's nothing there we don't know.
I don't think I'll ever understand why we seem to think we are the only club that needs to fully explain our financial position to all and sundry. I genuinely can't think of any other club that feels the need to pipe up how skint they are every five minutes. It's not attractive to anyone.
I don't see myself as a pant wetter or a happy clapper more a realist somewhere in the middle, Albion have been like this for over 40 odd years it's nothing new, we have some  good times then back to bad times and fwiw if feel we are about to enter another period of prolonged bad times, how long it will last is anyone's guess but that's what it's like to be an Albion fan and until someone comes in who is prepared to invest obscene amounts of money get used to it as it will always be so for us, so get up the shrine and support as loudly as you can that's all we can do as fans to try and give us an edge.
(07-16-2019, 07:20 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I don't see myself as a pant wetter or a happy clapper more a realist somewhere in the middle, Albion have been like this for over 40 odd years it's nothing new, we have some  good times then back to bad times and fwiw if feel we are about to enter another period of prolonged bad times, how long it will last is anyone's guess but that's what it's like to be an Albion fan and until someone comes in who is prepared to invest obscene amounts of money get used to it as it will always be so for us, so get up the shrine and support as loudly as you can that's all we can do as fans to try and give us an edge.

Oh I'll be there as ever, fella. I've been at all our highs and lows for 50 years.  Aiming at a few aways too. But I'd like to see a thumbnail sketch of Championship accounts summaries. Simply, who is asset rich and who is skint? I'd be willing to bet Albion are nowhere near as skint as they'd have us believe.
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 07:20 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: I don't see myself as a pant wetter or a happy clapper more a realist somewhere in the middle, Albion have been like this for over 40 odd years it's nothing new, we have some  good times then back to bad times and fwiw if feel we are about to enter another period of prolonged bad times, how long it will last is anyone's guess but that's what it's like to be an Albion fan and until someone comes in who is prepared to invest obscene amounts of money get used to it as it will always be so for us, so get up the shrine and support as loudly as you can that's all we can do as fans to try and give us an edge.

Oh I'll be there as ever, fella. I've been at all our highs and lows for 50 years.  Aiming at a few aways too. But I'd like to see a thumbnail sketch of Championship accounts summaries. Simply, who is asset rich and who is skint? I'd be willing to bet Albion are nowhere near as skint as they'd have us believe.

For all my rants and comparisons with 85/86 seasons unless we go bust nothing will seem as bad as the decade that followed.
(07-16-2019, 07:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

I don't believe you have a chance of seeing any A/C summaries and even if you did how many costs would be missing, or hidden?
If all the financial experts couldn't identify a £4 million black hole for 5 years I don't see how us mere mortals have a chance reviewing a summary and making any sense of them IMO.