Boom or Bust
(07-12-2019, 11:22 AM)billybassett Wrote: Wesley, Tyrone Mings, Matt Targett, Ezri Konsa, Anwar El Ghazi, Jota, Kortney Hause

fook me £100m for a bunch of players who've either failed at that level or never played at it. I hope they spend £100m more

30 prem apearances between the lot. 

I really do think Smith has fooked up. 

Spent 80m so far and not improved the side a Jota.  Keep spending you clown 

Oh and apparently they are signing Luiz from Man City for 15m so that's 95m.  Dodgy
Kortney Donkey more like.
This has all the hallmarks of a thread which could bit us on the backside.
(07-12-2019, 05:24 PM)Squid Wrote: This has all the hallmarks of a thread which could bit us on the backside.

+1 - has all the hallmarks of a "no way Villa will get promoted" thread from March last year...

I think they've been sensible really... they're investing in players who should see values increase, and should they get relegated will likely remain at the club and give them a very good chance of getting back up, or being sold on at a profit. They appear to have learned from their mistakes of recent years.

They've also got promoted with the right clubs - neither Sheff Utd nor Norwich will spend money and there are sides in the PL who could tumble. We really blew a guilt edged chance last season.

[Oh, and on that thread, I said Villa had a squad more than capable of putting a run together and getting up. The jammycunts]
(07-12-2019, 12:51 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 11:22 AM)billybassett Wrote: Wesley, Tyrone Mings, Matt Targett, Ezri Konsa, Anwar El Ghazi, Jota, Kortney Hause

fook me £100m for a bunch of players who've either failed at that level or never played at it. I hope they spend £100m more

30 prem apearances between the lot. 

I really do think Smith has fooked up. 

Spent 80m so far and not improved the side a Jota.  Keep spending you clown 

Oh and apparently they are signing Luiz from Man City for 15m so that's 95m.  Dodgy

This deserves recognition.

Very nicely played.
Most expensive Championship quality team ever.

Going to be a long hard season for them unless those players really step it up.
(07-12-2019, 05:28 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 05:24 PM)Squid Wrote: This has all the hallmarks of a thread which could bit us on the backside.

+1 - has all the hallmarks of a "no way Villa will get promoted" thread from March last year...

I think they've been sensible really... they're investing in players who should see values increase, and should they get relegated will likely remain at the club and give them a very good chance of getting back up, or being sold on at a profit. They appear to have learned from their mistakes of recent years.

They've also got promoted with the right clubs - neither Sheff Utd nor Norwich will spend money and there are sides in the PL who could tumble. We really blew a guilt edged chance last season.

[Oh, and on that thread, I said Villa had a squad more than capable of putting a run together and getting up. The jammycunts]

Some fair points made here. A lot will hinge on Wesley, if he comes good he’ll score the goals to keep them up and in a year they’ll be able to double or even treble their money on him. If he flops they’re in trouble.

Thing is that nobody knows enough about him to be confident one way or the other.

Just like the one that said there is no way they are going to make the play offs
its a funny game football
They're creaming themselves over signing the Brazil u23 captain, who just played less than 50% of the games for a relegated Girona team last season. Maybe they can make some cash in the future from this, but they look like toss compared to most of the league.

The reasons they may get lucky is that Newcastle are seemingly doing everything they can to get relegated, Brighton are still pretty rubbish and Sheff U will be out of their depth also. However I anticipate a long and hard season for the shit.

Brentford sign Janssen for 5m and flog them Konsa for 12m. Unbelievable business
It looks like a weak bottom half of the PL next season. Lots of clubs circling the drain for a few seasons and none of the newly promoted teams will blow the place apart.

What we need is a brutal top of the table battle for the title/CL places, that way none of the big teams will take their foot off the gas even against lesser opposition. Let the Seals get a few shoeings from the big boys and see what happens then.