Robinson PNE
(07-12-2019, 06:49 AM)Statto Wrote: This should be an important lesson for the pant wetters who cry about us not being linked with players.

Where was the speculation? Where was the linkage? Where was the Twitter outrage that he’s shit and not good enough? Where were the threads on here?

As usual, we keep our genuine transfer activity very close to our chests.

Forgive me for stating the bleeding obvious. But unless you've been under a rock for the last 20 years we have around 15 of these every transfer window when, after someone has moved somewhere for a lot of money, we say afterwards we tried to get them.

Classic Albion PR.
(07-12-2019, 09:42 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:27 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Always going to choose Premier League over us.

I know Gayle wants to come back but very little chance of that happening at the moment. I'd like us to gatecrash the move for Sam Gallagher from Saints to Blackburn too. Also like both the back up forwards at Bournemouth, particularly Mousset (Surridge is the other and did well at Oldham last season).

How do you know Gayle wants to come back?

I have a contact up in the North East. He's back doing pre-season at the moment but as Pidge has already mentioned, this was before we sold Rodriguez. I guess he's not happpy about the current Newcastle situation. Then again, who is? The fans can't believe they've broken up the 3 amigos as they called them (Rondon, Perez, Almiron) who were brilliant together.
(07-12-2019, 11:17 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 06:49 AM)Statto Wrote: This should be an important lesson for the pant wetters who cry about us not being linked with players.

Where was the speculation? Where was the linkage? Where was the Twitter outrage that he’s shit and not good enough? Where were the threads on here?

Forgive me for stating the bleeding obvious. But unless you've been under a rock for the last 20 years we have around 15 of these every transfer window when, after someone has moved somewhere for a lot of money, we say afterwards we tried to get them.

Classic Albion PR.

Of course. The don't ask the question and say we did conspiracy theory. Should've known.  Don't forget the targeting of bids half a million quid below someone else's.

Living under a rock during transfer windows would be preferable to the daily meltdown bollocks.
(07-12-2019, 12:20 PM)Statto Wrote:

Classic Albion PR.

Of course. The don't ask the question and say we did conspiracy theory. Should've known.  Don't forget the targeting of bids half a million quid below someone else's.

Living under a rock during transfer windows would be preferable to the daily meltdown bollocks.

I love the idea that us trying and failing to get a target is somehow better than having different targets to other teams, so much so that they're leaking fabricated stories to the media. 

Tinfoil hat stuff. Clearly Slav and the board are happy to go with just the 13 senior players we have in our squad and we're not trying to sign anyone
(07-12-2019, 12:28 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 12:20 PM)Statto Wrote:

Classic Albion PR.

I love the idea that us trying and failing to get a target is somehow better than having different targets to other teams, so much so that they're leaking fabricated stories to the media. 

Tinfoil hat stuff. Clearly Slav and the board are happy to go with just the 13 senior players we have in our squad and we're not trying to sign anyone

Anyone would think that we had a CEO who actually gives the remotest shit what supporters think.
We will sign at least another 6 so calm down. 

We can put a team out for Forest and late signings in the window will be available for Millwall at home.
(07-12-2019, 11:18 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 09:42 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 07:27 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Always going to choose Premier League over us.

I know Gayle wants to come back but very little chance of that happening at the moment. I'd like us to gatecrash the move for Sam Gallagher from Saints to Blackburn too. Also like both the back up forwards at Bournemouth, particularly Mousset (Surridge is the other and did well at Oldham last season).

How do you know Gayle wants to come back?

I have a contact up in the North East. He's back doing pre-season at the moment but as Pidge has already mentioned, this was before we sold Rodriguez. I guess he's not happpy about the current Newcastle situation. Then again, who is? The fans can't believe they've broken up the 3 amigos as they called them (Rondon, Perez, Almiron) who were brilliant together.

That's hard to read that Gayle wants to come back. What a player.
Gayle and Mousset would be good enough at this level, although it would be better to have Gayle and someone who can hold the ball up a bit better
(07-12-2019, 03:11 PM)Sliced Wrote: Gayle and Mousset would be good enough at this level, although it would be better to have Gayle and someone who can hold the ball up a bit better

Lebo Mothiba.

Currently plays for Strasbourg but a South African International. I've noticed him at African Cup of Nations and he's really impressed me with his hold up play, touch and passing. Works very hard and think he'd get goals in the Championship.
(07-12-2019, 05:25 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-12-2019, 03:11 PM)Sliced Wrote: Gayle and Mousset would be good enough at this level, although it would be better to have Gayle and someone who can hold the ball up a bit better

Lebo Mothiba.

Currently plays for Strasbourg but a South African International. I've noticed him at African Cup of Nations and he's really impressed me with his hold up play, touch and passing. Works very hard and think he'd get goals in the Championship.

Looks like a good shout. Around £7m, and he's a 1 in almost 3.