Excluding the obvious, which teams do you really dislike / hate and why?
Arsenal. Cheated their way into the 1st Division after the war at the expense of Spurs. Then David Dein was the brains behind ensuring home clubs kept 100% of gate receipts, thereby further reducing the pool of possible trophy winners and creating the monster that is the Premiership. Blanchflower said the ball was made round to go round but Dein preferred a square one. Plus I never met an Arsenal fan I liked. I remember a conversation with one particularly red and white numpty who started with the line, "You've got to remember, I supported Arsenal through the bd times …". Shithouses.
Leicester. Was torn a little when they won the League. I mean, I wanted them to win it, because they weren't Spurs or Man City/Utd etc., but anyone but them.

I remember the muppets nex the away end at the old Filbert STreet. With Blues, they are a yo-yo club really going back.

(07-12-2019, 07:11 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Arsenal.  Cheated their way into the 1st Division after the war at the expense of Spurs.  Then David Dein was the brains behind ensuring home clubs kept 100% of gate receipts, thereby further reducing the pool of possible trophy winners and creating the monster that is the Premiership.  Blanchflower said the ball was made round to go round but Dein preferred a square one.  Plus I never met an Arsenal fan I liked.  I remember a conversation with one particularly red and white numpty who started with the line, "You've got to remember, I supported Arsenal through the bd times …". Shithouses.

Yes, this was 86 or 87. A real turning point in the competitiveness of our game.

(07-11-2019, 09:01 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Oh aye, Everton make my list too, mainly after that destruction of our best players in the FA Cup (1991?)

Jan 1989
Cheers Brent, me old memory aint what it was! Was a replay, 5th round?

Remember my Dad and I couldn't get in the Brummie, even though we were there at 1.30...went all around the ground trying to get in and couldn't...

Then it was just worse news followed by worse.
Pretty sure I’ve mentioned my hatred of Brighton... nothing club with a wealthy backer who cheated FFP. Fans are all ex Liverpool and United fans and other than the piss up either side of the game it’s a shocking away day.

Swansea - see above but ripped off the council instead of FFP. All their fans seem to hark on about the bad years despite there only ever being 4000 there.

QPR, Watford and Palace, entitled London clubs with no reason to be, and QPR would always smash me on football manager as a kid.

Liverpool - obviously
(07-13-2019, 10:31 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Pretty sure I’ve mentioned my hatred of Brighton... nothing club with a wealthy backer who cheated FFP. Fans are all ex Liverpool and United fans and other than the piss up either side of the game it’s a shocking away day.

Swansea - see above but ripped off the council instead of FFP. All their fans seem to hark on about the bad years despite there only ever being 4000 there.

QPR, Watford and Palace, entitled London clubs with no reason to be, and QPR would always smash me on football manager as a kid.

Liverpool - obviously
I can't stand Brighton either. All the reasons you say, plus the blue and white stripes and Albion thing. Like a crap tribute act.
Oh, and while I'm on it, what a bloody place to get away from. 30,000 people waiting for buses. I wish them back to League 1.
QPR. Was at Highbury in '82
Brighton.
In fact, every club other than the Throstles, just some less than others.
Carl Zeiss Jena fuckin commie opticians with their precise passing and team work ethic

Cunts
(07-13-2019, 03:22 PM)Sunshine Wrote: Carl Zeiss Jena fuckin commie opticians with their precise passing and team work ethic

Cunts

Nice binoculars though.