Burke targeting progress
I really hopes he makes it with us.Hopefully Slav and his coaches can unlock his potential.
(07-11-2019, 05:22 PM)cosmicted Wrote: I really hopes he makes it with us.Hopefully Slav  and his coaches can unlock his potential.

As Paul Daniels is no longer with us, the onus is on Slav n Co.
Come on get behind him, he’s the best striker we’ve got at the club....................
He has certainly left himself room to improve.
Mayo was a donkey but we loved him.

Joey no brain was the chant at the time.
(07-11-2019, 07:10 PM)cosmicted Wrote: Mayo was a donkey but we loved him.

Joey no brain was the chant at the time.

As many a Forest fan has said to me - it's his lack of brain cells that is the problem.
Hopefully we can get him to bring the stick back.
There’s been nothing so far to suggest he’ll kick on and plenty to suggest he’s a headless chicken.

However, the only chance I can see is if he started scoring and built on that confidence to take off. A run of goals can do wonders for confidence. The positive of the current situation is that he should get some decent game time that he may not have seen otherwise.

I hope it does happen, as it would save us some serious dough. Very much hope rather than expectation though, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.
(07-12-2019, 06:32 AM)Statto Wrote: There’s been nothing so far to suggest he’ll kick on and plenty to suggest he’s a headless chicken.

However, the only chance I can see is if he started scoring and built on that confidence to take off. A run of goals can do wonders for confidence. The positive of the current situation is that he should get some decent game time that he may not have seen otherwise.

I hope it does happen, as it would save us some serious dough. Very much hope rather than expectation though, but I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

Agree. I've had plenty of bad to say about him, but I would happily eat my words if he turned out to be a decent player.
(07-12-2019, 06:32 AM)Statto Wrote: There’s been nothing so far to suggest he’ll kick on and plenty to suggest he’s a headless chicken.

Burke has some devastating traits which could make him a real handful at this level.

With Pardew and Pulis in the dugout I was happy to give Burke the benefit of the doubt as neither were going to give him a fair crack, but his limited game time under Moore, and our willingness to move him on certainly raises my concerns he’ll never make it here.

Really hope I’m proven wrong because he has had cameos where he’s looked unplayable, but they’re very few to say the least... still, I’d sooner throw him on than HRK when chasing a game.