John McGinn
(06-30-2019, 08:03 PM)Sliced Wrote: There's absolutely nothing in this at all.

One thing you have to say though is that Villa know how to play the media so much better than us. They put out stories all the time of their players being worth an insane amount of money and the media lap it up which, as much as it shouldn't, raises their price tags.

It's not a complicated formula, just put out false stories of teams wanting your players for insane amounts

They only have one player of any real value and that's Greasy.  25m tops due to the hype.  

Maddison was 22m and is a far better player.  Be 50m now I would imagine.
(06-30-2019, 08:03 PM)Sliced Wrote: There's absolutely nothing in this at all.

One thing you have to say though is that Villa know how to play the media so much better than us. They put out stories all the time of their players being worth an insane amount of money and the media lap it up which, as much as it shouldn't, raises their price tags.

It's not a complicated formula, just put out false stories of teams wanting your players for insane amounts

Absolutely. My opinion of the media changed massively for the worse over the Berahino issues.

I'm not sure whether they are lazy, uninformed or both.

'Facts' were repeated endlessly regarding his contract which even the smallest amount of research would have found to be untrue. Yet nobody bothered to factcheck, preferring to instead repeat the same uninformed drivel their colleague had just come out with. 

It didn't make me angry, more as the saying goes, disappointed. They weren't experts in any sense of the word and had absolutely no professional standards or integrity. 

I realised there was no point listening to them -  they have absolutely no purpose.

I would imagine if you gave them a 'factsheet' full of your latest player valuations and transfer dealings, they will happily 'publish' it.

I hope journalists and commentators in more serious areas hold them themselves up to a higher professional standard.
Couldn't really give a hoot myself!
(07-01-2019, 10:18 AM)MGalea Wrote: Couldn't really give a hoot myself!

Totally. 

Although it might be a problem if one of the checks and balances in our society no longer bothers to do its job. Perhaps that's why 'fake news' is such an issue?