Stoke City
Been busy today
(06-25-2019, 05:13 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Been busy today

Huh.......!
We'll do a lot better.
Wouldn't have minded Powell though.
They were mostly signed two to three weeks ago. It's been an ongoing mystery on the Oatcake as to why there'd been no announcement.

Have they cancelled Saido's nando's account then? That'll free up a couple of hundred grand a week......

On a serious note DK any news on our erstwhile time waster extrodinaire? I'm presuming they are desperately trying to offload but can't find a willing taker/mug?
(06-25-2019, 06:32 PM)Peachy Wrote:

Have they cancelled Saido's nando's account then? That'll free up a couple of hundred grand a week......

On a serious note DK any news on our erstwhile time waster extrodinaire? I'm presuming they are desperately trying to offload but can't find a willing taker/mug?

There’s been literally zero from the club as to what’s going on, but it’s believed we’ve terminated his contract and his solicitor is fighting the case. 

I don’t think we’re waiting for another club to come in because no other club is going to want to pay anywhere near what he’s on at Stoke, even if we let him go on a free. If we can’t terminate his contract then we’re basically lumbered for the next three years or so. I’d imagine we’ll end up paying him a percentage of his remaining contract to get rid.
(06-25-2019, 08:06 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 06:32 PM)Peachy Wrote:

There’s been literally zero from the club as to what’s going on, but it’s believed we’ve terminated his contract and his solicitor is fighting the case. 

I don’t think we’re waiting for another club to come in because no other club is going to want to pay anywhere near what he’s on at Stoke, even if we let him go on a free. If we can’t terminate his contract then we’re basically lumbered for the next three years or so. I’d imagine we’ll end up paying him a percentage of his remaining contract to get rid.

There’s a legal process to go through to sack him.  As per Adrian Mutu at Chelsea, the club may well be suing him for the loss suffered by the club by having to sack him for gross misconduct.  I suspect the club will still be able to retain his registration in order to prevent him picking up a big signing on fee elsewhere.
(06-25-2019, 05:18 PM)cosmicted Wrote:

Huh.......!
We'll do a lot better.

Nah, inconsistent.
(06-26-2019, 04:17 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 05:18 PM)cosmicted Wrote:

Huh.......!
We'll do a lot better.

Nah, inconsistent.

I dread to think of the level of pant pissing on twatter, if we'd signed these five.    Rolleyes
(06-25-2019, 05:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: They were mostly signed two to three weeks ago. It's been an ongoing mystery on the Oatcake as to why there'd been no announcement.

Have to say DK,  I saw the news weeks ago.  Low-key in terms of fees - do you think there's anything in the speculation of one big attempted transfer i.e. Gayle. 

With respect,  if WBA are still interested then I could see him coming back, as after the play-off fiasco he must feel he has unfinished business with us.  All about £££££ however.
(06-26-2019, 04:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(06-25-2019, 05:38 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: They were mostly signed two to three weeks ago. It's been an ongoing mystery on the Oatcake as to why there'd been no announcement.

Have to say DK,  I saw the news weeks ago.  Low-key in terms of fees - do you think there's anything in the speculation of one big attempted transfer i.e. Gayle. 

With respect,  if WBA are still interested then I could see him coming back, as after the play-off fiasco he must feel he has unfinished business with us.  All about £££££ however.

I can’t see us signing anyone for a decent fee unless we get money in from Butland, Allen or one of the out of favour bomb squad. Our CEO has said we’ll probably sign a couple more, but after that, anything else will depend on what we get from outgoing sales. 

We’re clearly going for out of contract freebies with some big(ish) money to be spent from any sales. Because of the diamond formation that Jones wants to play, a left back is probably where the bulk of those funds will go. 

The Gayle situation has been chucked up in the air by the Benitez news. I’d imagine we could possibly chuck a few more quid his way (if we can sell someone for big money) but only he knows where his priorities lie. Frankly, I doubt either of us will get him, but that’s just me guessing.

Within reason, we could afford any player who’d be prepared to join us, but FFP will prevent us doing what we’d like. Feckin’ typical after all the years we spent without a pot to piss in.