BoJo
It probably says something about my age that I thought the second of the two pictures was the more interesting.

Time and tide, and all that...
Get me PK on line 1
"P.S. GunsOfNavarone! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list! "

GoN in "try before buy" request shocker...
Has the daft buffoon been announced as PM yet so we can have a real moan?
And there we have it.

[Image: EALWR4KXkAYfsdE.jpg]
What a catastrophic day for my country with this buffoon and, now, a talentless, fantasist spiteful cabinet being announced full of liars and charlatans.

The loons now have the wheel and are driving us towards the edge - BUT they will claim it's all the EU fault FFS !

Are we the only country EVER that has put itself through such self harm and retrograded its standards, protections and trade deals ????
EU law only relates to technical trade standards, don’t worry about it.

EU law is the basis of our entire lives, including our equality, human and civil rights, all our welfare, employment and environmental protections and all our food and health standards. Which is it?
(07-24-2019, 06:18 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: What a catastrophic day for my country with this buffoon and, now, a talentless, fantasist spiteful cabinet being announced full of liars and charlatans.

The loons now have the wheel and are driving us towards the edge - BUT they will claim it's all the EU fault FFS !

Are we the only country EVER that has put itself through such self harm and retrograded its standards, protections and trade deals ????
A little bit a calm balance.

I think this post is Bordering on libellous.

Spiteful: Feeling the need to see others suffer. Can you prove that any of them have a pathological NEED to see people suffer?

Charlatan: Flamboyant deceiver. Gove, Truss, Morgan, Shapps et al, Flamboyant? and as for deceiving can you give instances where they have done so, at least any worse than any other politician? Remember the ambiguous pre election “I will deal with student loan debts” then the post election, “that was only a statement of our intention to look at the problems for current students.”

“Cabinet... FULL of liars and charlatans”. Full? Even by what I assume is your definition of those epithets, which I assume is based on your views on Brexit? So for balance lets look at the actual make up:
Only Eight of the twenty two full cabinet members voted to leave the E.U.
All but two voted for May’s deal on the final vote.
Only five voted for No Deal. (5 voted against)
Eleven voted for another referendum to confirm any deal.
Three are people of colour (13.64%) which is above the average per population (12.9% as of 2018)
Not too good on sex. Only 26% are women. This is slightly worse than May’s Cabinet but better than Tony Blair’s and far more female representative than the Clegg inspired Cabinet of the coalition (17%) But, as only 29% of conservative MPs are women the percentage is not too bad a representation.
I respectfully suggest the Cabinet is hardly “full” of hard line Brexiteers. Nor can it be accused of being full of WASP, male old Etonians. As for being “Liars and charlatans” , that pronouncement would take some defending, with of coarse the aforementioned adjunct, they are all politicians. 

Any degree of harm to be suffered has yet to be experienced so is imponderable but one look at history makes the rant of being the “Only country EVER to put itself through self harm” is somewhat blinkered. In the 20th century alone Germany, Cambodia, Russia, China, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran to name but a few. Are you suggesting we are going to emulate those? What standards or protections are definitely going to be “Retrograded” and where was this announced?
And remember, we have a vote in a couple of years where we can install all those liberal minded, selfless, philanthropic paragons of virtue who are just waiting in the wings.
You can get a long way with front and framing. Johnson has both in spades. While it may not endure, the Boris Bounce may be enough to rescue the Tory Death Cult at the ballot boxes.
(07-25-2019, 07:16 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 06:18 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: What a catastrophic day for my country with this buffoon and, now, a talentless, fantasist spiteful cabinet being announced full of liars and charlatans.

A little bit a calm balance.

I think this post is Bordering on libellous.

Spiteful: Feeling the need to see others suffer. Can you prove that any of them have a pathological NEED to see people suffer?

Charlatan: Flamboyant deceiver. Gove, Truss, Morgan, Shapps et al, Flamboyant? and as for deceiving can you give instances where they have done so, at least any worse than any other politician? Remember the ambiguous pre election “I will deal with student loan debts” then the post election, “that was only a statement of our intention to look at the problems for current students.”

“Cabinet... FULL of liars and charlatans”. Full? Even by what I assume is your definition of those epithets, which I assume is based on your views on Brexit? So for balance lets look at the actual make up:
Only Eight of the twenty two full cabinet members voted to leave the E.U.
All but two voted for May’s deal on the final vote.
Only five voted for No Deal. (5 voted against)
Eleven voted for another referendum to confirm any deal.
Three are people of colour (13.64%) which is above the average per population (12.9% as of 2018)
Not too good on sex. Only 26% are women. This is slightly worse than May’s Cabinet but better than Tony Blair’s and far more female representative than the Clegg inspired Cabinet of the coalition (17%) But, as only 29% of conservative MPs are women the percentage is not too bad a representation.
I respectfully suggest the Cabinet is hardly “full” of hard line Brexiteers. Nor can it be accused of being full of WASP, male old Etonians. As for being “Liars and charlatans” , that pronouncement would take some defending, with of coarse the aforementioned adjunct, they are all politicians. 

Any degree of harm to be suffered has yet to be experienced so is imponderable but one look at history makes the rant of being the “Only country EVER to put itself through self harm” is somewhat blinkered. In the 20th century alone Germany, Cambodia, Russia, China, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran to name but a few. Are you suggesting we are going to emulate those? What standards or protections are definitely going to be “Retrograded” and where was this announced?
And remember, we have a vote in a couple of years where we can install all those liberal minded, selfless, philanthropic paragons of virtue who are just waiting in the wings.
have you not learnt? You can't use facts that puncture the screaming hyperbole of the remainers/lefties?